THE BLUE ROOM
THIS IS NOT
Welcome To Yet Another Everton Website!!!
The purpose of this site is to provide a comprehensive record of the results
of all competitive games played by Everton since their formation, together
with details of player appearances and goals.
There are lots of links on the left that break down the information into
different categories (as explained down below) so go ahead and click on
one and see what you get!
The title bar above currently features Andrei Kanchelskis and Ray
two former Everton
legends - one
a flying goalscoring winger, one a World Cup winning full-back.
Click on their photos to see brief details of their Everton careers and
appearances & goals.
The title bar images will change every so often so that you'll get to
see a whole host of Everton greats throughout the months and years ahead.
Images (and career summaries) of previous weeks' legends can be
seen by clicking the 'Previous Legends' link on the left, where you'll
also find a link to take you to details of the less-than-legendary donkeys
like Mike Walker who have 'starred' in the 'Apart From ...' feature!
SOUTHAMPTON AWAY BEFORE THE INTERNATIONAL BREAK ...
... we’ve played 14 away
games previously on
9th November in all competitions
- we won
the first 3 - in 1889, 1895 and 1901
- but since then, we’ve
won 0 of the last 11 - W0 D4 L7!
- the most recent was
a 1-1 draw at Sunderland in 2014
- Leighton Baines’ 74th minute
penalty equalised Seb Larsson’s 67th minute opener.
years ago on 9th November 1974,
a 1-1 draw at Tottenham was our
6th away draw on the run in all competitions
a club record!
- it was also our 5th in succession in away League
- a joint club record
- we lost last season at St
2-1 in January with Gylfi Sigurdsson grabbing our
- and that was the latest of 3
for us there
- our last away win at
a 3-0 victory in August 2015
- 2 goals
from Romelu Lukaku and 1 from Ross Barkley did the trick
- that, however,
was our only win in our last 10 trips to their place - W1 D3 L6
- if Seamus
Coleman plays against the Saints, it will be his 256th League
appearance for the club
- that would put him level with 1960’s
legend Jimmy Gabriel in joint 39th place on
our all-time list
- it would also be Seamus's 299th game for us in all
- that's the same as 1980s legend Trevor Steven
- they'd be in joint 39th place on
that all-time list
- plus if he starts the game, it will be the skipper's 273rd
start in all comps for the club
- that's the same as club great
- they'd be joint 48th on
our all-time start chart!
- oh, and if Lucas Digne starts at
Southampton it will be his 50th start for us in all competitions
- will Dominic Calvert-Lewin make
another substitute appearance?
- if he does it will be the 40th
time he’s come off the bench for us in the League
that would be 1 more than James Vaughan’s total and DCL would be
9th place alone on our all-time League subs list
he plays at Southampton it will be Jordan Pickford’s 101st
appearance for the club, 1 more than Nigel Martyn managed
12 other keepers have played more for us
Southall tops the list with 751 appearances
- that's a club record for any
Everton player whatever the position!
- Mason Holgate has
played 42 Premier League games for us now without a goal
- will he
play and remain scoreless at St Mary’s?
- if so, he’ll join Abel Xavier
in joint 5th place on our ‘Most
Prem Appearances Without A Goal’
- that list is headed, of course, by Tony Hibbert
- Hibbo racked
up 265 Prem appearances for the club (and 329 in all
competitions!) without a goal!
- if we fail to win at
Southampton it will be our worst away 6-match start to a League
- that time round our record was W0 D2 L4
- if we lose it
will be the worst since
1994/95 when we lost all of our opening 6
away Premier League games!
- a defeat would also be our 5th
in succession away from home in the League
- the last time that
happened was from
December 2017 to March 2018
- and if we
fail to win it will be 9 away matches on the run without a victory
- that would be our worst run since we went 16 away games without a victory from
February to December 2017
- the match will be Marco Silva’s
50th in charge of us in the League
current record is W18 D11
L20 – F65 A63 – Win%: 36.7 – Pts/game: 1.33
- this is how that
compares with our recent managers:
- Sam Allardyce only managed us
24 times in the League: W9 D7 L8 – F27 A30 – Win%: 37.5 –
- Ronald Koeman, in 47 League games in charge: W19
D12 L16 – F69 A62 – Win%: 40.4 – Pts/game: 1.47
- Roberto Martinez –
W25 D14 L11 – F83 A58 – Win%: 50.0 – Pts/game: 1.78
- David Moyes –
W22 D10 L18 – F72 A76 – Win%: 44.0 – Pts/game: 1.52
- Walter Smith –
W16 D13 L21 – F63 A65 – Win% 32.0 – Pts/game: 1.22
Southampton score a
penalty against us?
- if they do, it will be the 50th
successful spot-kick against us in all of our away Premier League
- whereas if we score one it will be our 450th converted
penalty in all of our games ever in all competitions at all
- we don’t have a very good recent away record on a
- in our last 12 in all competitions we’ve won just 1
- the one victory was
at West Ham last March
- that was a
- in Saturday away games with a traditional 3.00pm
start we’ve won 0 of the last 9 - W0 D2 L7 (all in the Premier
- our last Saturday/3.00pm away win was
at Leicester back
in October 2018
- don’t leave the game early!
- our last 4
games in all competitions have all featured injury time goals!
- that’s never happened before in our history!
- the closest
April to September 1929 when 4 consecutive games featured last
- in that earlier run, all of the goals were scored by
- in the current run they’ve all been scored by
- albeit one of them (by Lucas Digne) was an own
- here's a
reminder of the most recent additions to the site:
was our oldest ever starting line-up? And the youngest?
seasons were our oldest and youngest? Which managers went with
youth and who went wth old codgers?!
it's all here in the new 'Average
Staring Line-Up Ages section'!
- which Everton
player made the most substitute appearances in a single season?!
in all competitions and in the League alone?
- the new 'Most
Sub Apps In One Season' section has the answers!
- which Everton substitute has scored the most goals for us?
- which opposition sub has scored the most against us?
- the new 'Goals
by Substitutes' section will let you know!
- Test cricketers have a small number on their shirt or cap
- it shows where they fit in in terms of the historical chronology
of their country
- now you can see what number every Everton player would wear!
- have a look at the 'Everton
Players Numbered Chronologically' section!
- who's managed the most times against Everton?
- who's managed the most clubs against us?!
- well, there's a new 'Opposition
Managers' section that will tell you everything you need to
- the 'Goals
in Most Consecutive Matches' section has been updated!
- it now includes details of which Everton players have scored
in the most successive home & away games too!
- who was the last Everton man to play 50 or more games in a season?
- who has played the most games in one season?!
- the new '50
or More Appearances in a Season' section will tell you!
- on the flip side, which players only ever managed 1 game for
- find out in the new Just
One Appearance section!
- we used 39 different players last season in all competitions
and 15 of them scored a goal
- is that a lot?! how does it compare to other seasons?
- find out in the new 'Number
of Players Used and Goal Scorers - Season-by-Season' section!
- who was the last Everton player to feature in every game in
- have a look at the new Ever
Presents section to find out!
- and how often have we completed League 'doubles' over our opponents
in the past?
- alternatively, how often have we been on the receiving end of
- you can now find out in the new League
Doubles For and Against section
- ever wondered which Everton player has been substituted the
- well, now you can find out - have a look at the new Subbed
Off section for full, fascinating details!
- Ademola Lookman was the last Everton player to score on his
- who else has managed that feat for the club?!
- have a look at the new Scored
on Their Debut section to find out!
- Wayne Rooney has now departed, of course, but who else has had
2 separate spells at the club?!
- the new Two
or More Spells at Everton section will tell you!
- Jordan Pickford looks like he'll be our keeper for some years
- but who else has appeared for us between the sticks in the past?!
- the new Goalkeepers
section has all the details!
- and don't forget there's also a new History
In Short section too!
- you can see at a glance how many times we've finished in each
position in the League
- and where exactly we've been knocked out of the various cup
- have a peek!
Notable Forthcoming Anniversaries and Milestones
Mason Holgate needs 1 more start to reach 50 for us in all competitions - so
far he's made 49
Seamus Coleman needs 2 more appearances to reach 300 for
us in all competitions - so far he's made 272 starts + 26 as a sub
Calvert-Lewin needs 2 more starts to reach 50 for us in
the Prem - he's on 48 at the moment
needs 2 more starts to reach 50 for us in all competitions - so
far he's made 48
Cenk Tosun needs 2 more
appearances to reach 50 for us in all comps - he's currently made
24 starts + 24 as a sub
Dates of Birth
Click below for information, erm, about
How Have Everton Performed
Birthday In The Past?
Or On Your Wife's? Or The Cat's?
Click On The Link And Pick A Date!
Appearances, Goals & Clean Sheets
Who Has Played The Most Times For
Who's Scored The Most Goals?
Is Big Dunc Our Most Used Sub Ever?
Click On The Link And Find Out!
When We're Good, We're Good.
When We're Bad, We're Terrible!
What's The Most Goals We've Ever Scored,
Or Conceded, In Any One Match?
Click On The Link To See The Extremes!
Did Over 70,000 People Really Used
And Watch Us At Home?
And What Were Our Smallest Crowds,
Home And Away?
Click On The Link To See The Figures!
Remember 1950-51? We Were
Remember 1984-85? We Were Good!!
Remember 1921-22? Er, No, Thought Not!
Click On The Link And Pick A Season!
Did We Really Once Lose To Glossop?
How Bad Have We Been Against Man Utd
In The Premier League?!
Click On The Link And Pick A Team!
What's Our Best Run Of Victories?
Or Our Worst Run Of Defeats?
What's The Longest We've Gone Without
Defeat? Or Without Winning?
Click On The Link To Reveal The Sequences!
A Whole Variety Of Information!
FA Cup 3rd Round, Opening Day, Christmas,
Easter, Europe, Cup Defeats, Big Matches,
Strange Competitions And More- It's All There!
Click On The Link And Pick A Topic!
About The Site
You are free to copy any of the contents of this website provided that
the use is not for commercial purposes
or for financial gain and that proper acknowledgement is given to Everton
Results. All rights reserved.