THE BLUE ROOM
THIS IS NOT
Welcome To Yet Another Everton Website!!!
The purpose of this site is to provide a comprehensive record of the results
of all competitive games played by Everton since their formation, together
with details of player appearances and goals.
There are lots of links on the left that break down the information into
different categories (as explained down below) so go ahead and click on
one and see what you get!
The title bar above currently features Graeme Sharp and Peter Farrell,
two former Everton legends - one
a double title winner, one an inspirational captain.
Click on their photos to see brief details of their Everton careers and
appearances & goals.
The title bar images will change every so often so that you'll get to
see a whole host of Everton greats throughout the months and years ahead.
Images (and career summaries) of previous weeks' legends can be
seen by clicking the 'Previous Legends' link on the left, where you'll
also find a link to take you to details of the less-than-legendary donkeys
like Mike Walker who have 'starred' in the 'Apart From ...' feature!
ASTON VILLA AWAY NEXT ...
... we’ve never played Villa
before in an
August 23rd game
- and our last outing on this
date was a
4-0 home win against Yeovil in the League Cup 2nd Round
- Arouna Koné grabbed two of the goals in what was the
most recent of 3 consecutive Goodison games on this date
our last August 23rd away fixture was
a 1-0 defeat at Burnley in
- Louis Saha put a 75th penalty wide of the target to
blow our chances of an equaliser
- our last away win on
August 23rd came the season before that
- it was
a 2-1 victory
at West Brom with Leon Osman and Yakubu notching our goals
and Jose Baxter - at 16 years and 198 days - become the
youngest player ever to start a League match for us!
- we have a
very good recent record against The Villains - W5 D0 L1 in
the last 6 meetings, home and away
- and W6 D4 L1 in the last 11
- our last encounter ended in
a 3-1 win for us at their place
in March 2016
- Ramiro Funes Mori, Aaron Lennon and Romelu
Lukaku got our goals
- that was the most recent of 3 wins
at Villa Park in our last 4 visits - W3 D0 L1
- our last
defeat there came in May 2015 -
a 3-2 defeat to Tim Sherwood’s
- this will be our 203rd League meeting with Aston
Villa, our 102nd at their ground(s)
- it is the
fixture in the history of English League football!
and a defeat this time would be our
50th loss away to Villa in all
- if Seamus Coleman plays at Villa Park it
will be his 250th League appearance for us!
- he’ll become the
42nd Everton player to reach that figure, the
7th in the Premier League!
- Tom Davies, meanwhile, will reach 50 starts for
us in the Premier League if he begins the game
- he'd be the
75th Everton player to get to that figure
- and Mason
Holgate will make his 50th appearance for us in all competitions
if he plays!
- Mason has never scored for Everton!
he does play at Villa and fails to find the net again that will be
40 Premier League appearances for us without a goal!
- only 6
other players have made that many Prem outings for us
- that list is headed, of course, by Tony Hibbert
Hibbo played 265 times for us in the Prem (and 329 in all
competitions!) without a single goal!
- can we keep yet
another clean sheet?!
- if we do, it will be our 11th in 14
- it would also be Jordan Pickford’s 29th for us in
- the same as the inimitable 1970’s keeper, Dai
- they’d be in joint 13th place on
our all-time list
- we started the
2017/18 season with 4 successive clean sheets - but
3 of those were in the Europa League
- the last time we opened
a campaign with 3 consecutive League
clean sheets was way back in
- it’s the club record - the only time it's
happened! - can we equal it at Villa
- oh, and we’ve only conceded 1 first-half goal in
our last 14 matches, home and away!
- that was Eric Dier’s 3rd
minute effort for Spurs in our
2-2 draw at their place last May
- we’ve scored 11 times ourselves in those 14 first halves!
- can we keep our unbeaten run going?
- if we do, that will
be 7 matches without defeat for us, home and away
- the last
time that happened was in
an 8-match run in
- it would
also be our 4th away game on the run without defeat, all in the
- that hasn’t happened in the Prem since a run
of 5 from
December 2016 to February 2017
- a draw at Villa
Park will be our 4th in succession away from home
- that hasn’t
- counting only Premier League games,
equal the club record!
- it's happened
twice - most recently in that April/May 2012 run
record in all our League games is 5 successive away draws
that has also happened twice, the last time back in
- oh, and 2 goals at Villa would
take us to
8,700 in all games at all venues!
game is live on TV in the UK on Sky Sports
- that's a good omen
because we’ve won all of our last 5
live UK TV outings!
only one of those 5 was away from Goodison though -
at West Ham
- before that victory we’d gone a club record 23
successive away Prem games live on UK TV without a win!
Everton have been awarded
32 penalties against Aston Villa in the
past in all competitions
- that’s more than against any other
- will the referee award
a penalty this time
- if Villa score one it will be the 200th successful
spot-kick against us in all of our away League games ever!
- of the 300 taken so far by our opponents, 199 have been netted
and 101 unsuccessful
- the game will be only our 6th away
Premier League match to be played on a Friday
- and it will be our first outside
of the Xmas/New Year and Easter periods!
- our record in
the previous 5 is not great - W1 D1 L3
- with the most recent
a 2-2 draw at Hull in December 2016
- the one win was
at Middlesbrough, 1-0, on Boxing Day 2008
specifically at 8.00pm kick-offs on a Friday, we’ve had just 6 in
the past, home and away in all competitions,
- and we lost 0 of
them – W3 D3 L0!
- the last one was
a 2-0 home win against
Burnley in May this year
- away from home, we’ve only ever
had one Friday/8.00pm match in our competitive history!
- that was the 2-2 draw at Hull
- here's a
reminder of the most recent additions to the site:
was our oldest ever starting line-up? And the youngest?
seasons were our oldest and youngest? Which managers went with
youth and who went wth old codgers?!
it's all here in the new 'Average
Staring Line-Up Ages section'!
- which Everton
player made the most substitute appearances in a single season?!
in all competitions and in the League alone?
- the new 'Most
Sub Apps In One Season' section has the answers!
- which Everton substitute has scored the most goals for us?
- which opposition sub has scored the most against us?
- the new 'Goals
by Substitutes' section will let you know!
- Test cricketers have a small number on their shirt or cap
- it shows where they fit in in terms of the historical chronology
of their country
- now you can see what number every Everton player would wear!
- have a look at the 'Everton
Players Numbered Chronologically' section!
- who's managed the most times against Everton?
- who's managed the most clubs against us?!
- well, there's a new 'Opposition
Managers' section that will tell you everything you need to
- the 'Goals
in Most Consecutive Matches' section has been updated!
- it now includes details of which Everton players have scored
in the most successive home & away games too!
- who was the last Everton man to play 50 or more games in a season?
- who has played the most games in one season?!
- the new '50
or More Appearances in a Season' section will tell you!
- on the flip side, which players only ever managed 1 game for
- find out in the new Just
One Appearance section!
- we used 39 different players last season in all competitions
and 15 of them scored a goal
- is that a lot?! how does it compare to other seasons?
- find out in the new 'Number
of Players Used and Goal Scorers - Season-by-Season' section!
- who was the last Everton player to feature in every game in
- have a look at the new Ever
Presents section to find out!
- and how often have we completed League 'doubles' over our opponents
in the past?
- alternatively, how often have we been on the receiving end of
- you can now find out in the new League
Doubles For and Against section
- ever wondered which Everton player has been substituted the
- well, now you can find out - have a look at the new Subbed
Off section for full, fascinating details!
- Ademola Lookman was the last Everton player to score on his
- who else has managed that feat for the club?!
- have a look at the new Scored
on Their Debut section to find out!
- Wayne Rooney has now departed, of course, but who else has had
2 separate spells at the club?!
- the new Two
or More Spells at Everton section will tell you!
- Jordan Pickford looks like he'll be our keeper for some years
- but who else has appeared for us between the sticks in the past?!
- the new Goalkeepers
section has all the details!
- and don't forget there's also a new History
In Short section too!
- you can see at a glance how many times we've finished in each
position in the League
- and where exactly we've been knocked out of the various cup
- have a peek!
Notable Forthcoming Anniversaries and Milestones
Davies needs 1 more start to reach 50 for us in
the Prem - he's currently made 49
Schneiderlin needs 2 more starts to reach 50 for us in
the Prem - he's on 48 at the moment
needs 1 more appearance to reach 50 for us in all competitions - he's
Dates of Birth
Click below for information, erm, about
How Have Everton Performed
Birthday In The Past?
Or On Your Wife's? Or The Cat's?
Click On The Link And Pick A Date!
Appearances, Goals & Clean Sheets
Who Has Played The Most Times For
Who's Scored The Most Goals?
Is Big Dunc Our Most Used Sub Ever?
Click On The Link And Find Out!
When We're Good, We're Good.
When We're Bad, We're Terrible!
What's The Most Goals We've Ever Scored,
Or Conceded, In Any One Match?
Click On The Link To See The Extremes!
Did Over 70,000 People Really Used
And Watch Us At Home?
And What Were Our Smallest Crowds,
Home And Away?
Click On The Link To See The Figures!
Remember 1950-51? We Were
Remember 1984-85? We Were Good!!
Remember 1921-22? Er, No, Thought Not!
Click On The Link And Pick A Season!
Did We Really Once Lose To Glossop?
How Bad Have We Been Against Man Utd
In The Premier League?!
Click On The Link And Pick A Team!
What's Our Best Run Of Victories?
Or Our Worst Run Of Defeats?
What's The Longest We've Gone Without
Defeat? Or Without Winning?
Click On The Link To Reveal The Sequences!
A Whole Variety Of Information!
FA Cup 3rd Round, Opening Day, Christmas,
Easter, Europe, Cup Defeats, Big Matches,
Strange Competitions And More- It's All There!
Click On The Link And Pick A Topic!
About The Site
You are free to copy any of the contents of this website provided that
the use is not for commercial purposes
or for financial gain and that proper acknowledgement is given to Everton
Results. All rights reserved.