THE BLUE ROOM
THIS IS NOT
Welcome To Yet Another Everton Website!!!
The purpose of this site is to provide a comprehensive record of the results
of all competitive games played by Everton since their formation, together
with details of player appearances and goals.
There are lots of links on the left that break down the information into
different categories (as explained down below) so go ahead and click on
one and see what you get!
The title bar above currently features Graeme Sharp and Peter Farrell,
two former Everton legends - one
a double title winner, one an inspirational captain.
Click on their photos to see brief details of their Everton careers and
appearances & goals.
The title bar images will change every so often so that you'll get to
see a whole host of Everton greats throughout the months and years ahead.
Images (and career summaries) of previous weeks' legends can be
seen by clicking the 'Previous Legends' link on the left, where you'll
also find a link to take you to details of the less-than-legendary donkeys
like Mike Walker who have 'starred' in the 'Apart From ...' feature!
WATFORD AT HOME - THE 'Z CARS' DERBY!...
... [*dramatic drum roll*] … this
will be the 5,400th
game in our entire competitive history at all venues!
- our current record is W2289 D1326 L1784 - F8660 A7308!
- we drew the last time we played a December
- that was at
Anfield last year when Wayne Rooney's late penalty cancelled
out Mohamed Salah's opener
- it was only the second penalty we've been awarded at Liverpool
since World War 2!
- we've won 0 of our last 6 December 10th matches - W0 D3 L3
- the last 4 of them have all been away from home!
- our last home game on this date was a
2-1 home League Cup defeat by Chelsea in 1985
- and our last home win came in 1977 - a
3-0 victory over Middlesbrough with Bob Latchford scoring
- we've also played Watford before on December 10th
- despite Romelu Lukaku's brace we
lost 3-2 at Vicarage Road in 2016
- our last meeting with the Hornets was a
1-0 defeat at their place last February
- Troy Deeney did the damage that time
- our last win against them was a
dramatic 3-2 victory in November 2017
- we were 2-0 down after 67 minutes until Oumar Niasse and Dominic
Calvert-Lewin levelled matters
- and then an injury-time penalty from Leighton Baines gave us
all 3 points!
- there was still time for more drama!
- Watford were awarded a 101st minute penalty
- the extended injury-time had been due mainly to an injury to
Watford keeper Heurelho Gomes
- but ex-Evertonian Tom Cleverley struck his spot-kick wide of
Jordan Pickford's right-hand post!!
- it was David Unsworth's first victory in his spell as caretaker-manager
- and his opposite number that day was a certain Marco Silva
- with Richarlison also opening the scoring for the Hornets!
- we have a tremendous home
record against Watford!
- they've visited us 12 times in the past in all competitions
and we've won 11 times, drawn once and lost 0!
- on a points per game basis that's our
best home record against any team
(including only those we've met more than 5 times)!
- in all League meetings at Goodison our record is W10 D1 L0 and
in the Premier League it is W4 D1 L0!
- our overall record against them at all venues and in all competitions
is W19 D3 L4
- again, on a points per game basis they are our
(including only those we've met more than 6 times)!
- in the Premier League, home and away our record is W6 D2 L2
- and once again that's our
best record against anyone
(including those teams we've met more than 4 times)
- if he plays against Watford it will be Seamus Coleman's 271st
appearance for us in all competitions
- he'd move to joint 52nd on
our all-time list alongside 1930s/40s inside-left Alex Stevenson
- if he starts the game, it will be Seamus's 210th League start
for the club
- that's the same as both Tim Cahill and Trevor Steven managed
- they'll all be joint 61st on
our all-time list
our Premier League starts chart Seamus and Tim would be in
joint 10th place!
- Jordan Pickford, meanwhile, will be making his 54th consecutive
Prem appearance for us if he plays
- that will be the
joint 10th longest run for us in the Prem
- Tim Howard holds our record
- he played in 210 successive Prem games for us between September
2007 and February 2013!
- a win against Watford will take our home League record so far
this season to W6
- in terms of points that would be our best 9-match opening to
a home season since 2002/03
- when also had a 6-2-1 home record that time round
- if we score against Watford that will be goals for us in 13
successive home matches in all competitions
- we haven't achieved that since a run of 17 between December
2013 and October 2014!
- Kevin Friend will referee the game
- at Goodison we've won on both of his last 2 appointments and
we're unbeaten in his last 7 - W4 D3 L0
- in all of his Goodison games our record is W8 D3 L1, all of
them in the Premier League
- will he award any penalties?!
- if Watford get one it will be the 450th for all of our opponents
in all of our League games, home and away
- the current record is 303 scored and 146 missed or saved!
- the match is, of course, a Monday game with an 8.00pm kick-off,
which is good news on both fronts!
- home and away, in all comps, we've won all of our last 3 games
kicking-off at 8.00pm, whatever the day
- and we're unbeaten in our last 8 - W3 D5 L0
- at Goodison, we've also won 3 on the run and we have a W8 D4
L1 record in our last 13
- Monday night 8.00pm games are have also been kind to us lately
- home and away we've lost just 1 of the last 17 - W7 D9 L1
- and at Goodison we've lost just 1 of the last 15 - W8 D6 L1
- a reminder of some newer sections on the site!
- Test cricketers have a small number on their shirt or cap
- it shows where they fit in in terms of the historical chronology
of their country
- now you can see what number every Everton player would wear!
- have a look at the 'Everton
Players Numbered Chronologically' section!
- who's managed the most times against Everton?
- who's managed the most clubs against us?!
- well, there's a new 'Opposition
Managers' section that will tell you everything you need to
- the 'Goals
in Most Consecutive Matches' section has been updated!
- it now includes details of which Everton players have scored
in the most successive home & away games too!
- who was the last Everton man to play 50 or more games in a season?
- who has played the most games in one season?!
- the new '50
or More Appearances in a Season' section will tell you!
- on the flip side, which players only ever managed 1 game for
- find out in the new Just
One Appearance section!
- we used 39 different players last season in all competitions
and 15 of them scored a goal
- is that a lot?! how does it compare to other seasons?
- find out in the new 'Number
of Players Used and Goal Scorers - Season-by-Season' section!
- who was the last Everton player to feature in every game in
- have a look at the new Ever
Presents section to find out!
- and how often have we completed League 'doubles' over our opponents
in the past?
- alternatively, how often have we been on the receiving end of
- you can now find out in the new League
Doubles For and Against section
- ever wondered which Everton player has been substituted the
- well, now you can find out - have a look at the new Subbed
Off section for full, fascinating details!
- Ademola Lookman was the last Everton player to score on his
- who else has managed that feat for the club?!
- have a look at the new Scored
on Their Debut section to find out!
- Wayne Rooney has now departed, of course, but who else has had
2 separate spells at the club?!
- the new Two
or More Spells at Everton section will tell you!
- Jordan Pickford looks like he'll be our keeper for some years
- but who else has appeared for us between the sticks in the past?!
- the new Goalkeepers
section has all the details!
- and don't forget there's also a new History
In Short section too!
- you can see at a glance how many times we've finished in each
position in the League
- and where exactly we've been knocked out of the various cup
- have a peek!
Notable Forthcoming Anniversaries and Milestones
Mason Holgate needs 2 more appearances to reach 50
for us in all competitions - he's on 43 + 5 at the moment
Dates of Birth
Click below for information, erm, about
How Have Everton Performed
Birthday In The Past?
Or On Your Wife's? Or The Cat's?
Click On The Link And Pick A Date!
Appearances, Goals & Clean Sheets
Who Has Played The Most Times For
Who's Scored The Most Goals?
Is Big Dunc Our Most Used Sub Ever?
Click On The Link And Find Out!
When We're Good, We're Good.
When We're Bad, We're Terrible!
What's The Most Goals We've Ever Scored,
Or Conceded, In Any One Match?
Click On The Link To See The Extremes!
Did Over 70,000 People Really Used
And Watch Us At Home?
And What Were Our Smallest Crowds,
Home And Away?
Click On The Link To See The Figures!
Remember 1950-51? We Were
Remember 1984-85? We Were Good!!
Remember 1921-22? Er, No, Thought Not!
Click On The Link And Pick A Season!
Did We Really Once Lose To Glossop?
How Bad Have We Been Against Man Utd
In The Premier League?!
Click On The Link And Pick A Team!
What's Our Best Run Of Victories?
Or Our Worst Run Of Defeats?
What's The Longest We've Gone Without
Defeat? Or Without Winning?
Click On The Link To Reveal The Sequences!
A Whole Variety Of Information!
FA Cup 3rd Round, Opening Day, Christmas,
Easter, Europe, Cup Defeats, Big Matches,
Strange Competitions And More- It's All There!
Click On The Link And Pick A Topic!
About The Site
You are free to copy any of the contents of this website provided that
the use is not for commercial purposes
or for financial gain and that proper acknowledgement is given to Everton
Results. All rights reserved.