THE BLUE ROOM
THIS IS NOT
Welcome To Yet Another Everton Website!!!
The purpose of this site is to provide a comprehensive record of the results
of all competitive games played by Everton since their formation, together
with details of player appearances and goals.
There are lots of links on the left that break down the information into
different categories (as explained down below) so go ahead and click on
one and see what you get!
The title bar above currently features Graeme Sharp and Peter Farrell,
two former Everton legends - one
a double title winner, one an inspirational captain.
Click on their photos to see brief details of their Everton careers and
appearances & goals.
The title bar images will change every so often so that you'll get to
see a whole host of Everton greats throughout the months and years ahead.
Images (and career summaries) of previous weeks' legends can be
seen by clicking the 'Previous Legends' link on the left, where you'll
also find a link to take you to details of the less-than-legendary donkeys
like Mike Walker who have 'starred' in the 'Apart From ...' feature!
MAN UTD NEXT IN THIS TOPSY-TURVY SEASON ...
... we’ve played Man Utd once
before on 21st April, drawing
1-1 at Old Trafford in 1962
- we’ve won 0 of our last 7 outings on
this date, all in the League - W0 D1 L6!
- the one draw was at home to Liverpool 0-0
- the 6 losses all came away from home!
- our last April 21st win came back in 1976
won 3-1 at Derby’s old Baseball Ground, helped by 2 goals
from Andy King
- our last home win on April 21 was in 1956, 1-0
against Blackpool in our last match of that season
- Blackpool finished that
campaign in 2nd place in the top flight; we finished 15th!
- that win is one of only 2 home wins we’ve had in the past on
April 21st - W2 D3 L1
- our most memorable April 21st match was in
1906 against Newcastle
- Sandy Young scored the only goal in the 77th minute goal at
the old Crystal Palace in London
- and that was enough to seal our first ever FA Cup Final triumph!
- home and away, we’ve won 0 of our last 7 League meetings with
Man Utd - W0
- we also lost the 2016
FA Cup Semi-Final against them during that run too!
- last season’s Goodison Park encounter ended 2-0
in their favour on New Year’s Day 2018
- with second half goals from Anthony Martial and Jesse Lingard
doing the damage
- our last victory over the Red Devils was in April 2015
- goals from James McCarthy, John Stones and Kevin Mirallas gave
3-0 victory over Louis Van Gaal’s side
- that was the last of 3 successive home wins against United
- since then our home
record is W0 D1 L2 in 3 meetings
- we have a
worse record against Man U in the Premier League, home and
away, than against any other club!
(that's on a points per game basis)
- however, if we manage 3 goals against them this time it
will take us to 50 against them in all Prem meetings
- our current record, home and away is P53 - W8 D9 L36 - F47 A100
- 3 goals conceded, on the other hand, would bring up 300 for
Man Utd against us in all comps, at all venue s
- our record at the moment is P201 - W68 D44 L89 - F278 A297
- if Phil Jagielka plays against Man Utd it will be his 321st
League appearance for the club
- that’s the same as Colin Harvey achieved
- the two of them would be level in 19th place on our
all-time League list
- meanwhile, for Seamus Coleman, if he plays, it will be his 245th
League game for us
- he’d join 1910s/20s half-back John Maconnachie in equal 43rd
place on that chart
- if Seamus starts the game he'll be up to 225 League starts
for the club
- that's the same as 1890s centre-half Johnny Holt, 1930s defender
- and 1950s legendary centre-forward Dave Hickson
- they'll all be in joint 52nd position on
that particular chart
- oh, and if Tom Davies starts it will be his 50th start for us
in the Prem!
- a win against Man Utd would be our
14th victory in the League this season, home and away
- that's one more than we managed in the last campaign
- a defeat, however, would be our 15th loss, the same as last
season and our joint worse since 16 in 2005-06!
- a clean sheet in the game would be our 4th on the run at Goodison
- that would be for the first time since March-August 2017
- that was a run that included European and Premier League matches
- the last time it happened within one season and just in the
Premier League was in March-April
- oh, and we haven’t conceded a first half goal now in 8 successive
games in all competitions, home and away!
- the last time we managed 9 was in a run of 10 games back in
- that was, a sequence that had started at the end of the previous
- the last time we managed it within one season was back in December
- the Man Utd game is of course on Easter Sunday
- it will be our 7th successive home game played over the
- we lost last year 3-1
to Man City but we’d won the previous 5 Easter matches
- the most recent was a
3-1 victory over Burnley in 2017
- our last meeting with the Red Devils over Easter was in 2014
beat David Moyes' United 2-0
- that was also on an Easter Sunday
- the match will be shown live
on UK televison by Sky Sports
- we’ve won all of our last 3 live televised games, all in the
- will we rack up another victory against United?
- if we do it would be the first time we’ve ever won 4 successive
League games shown live on UK TV!
- we have managed 4 successive wins before in televised games
- the last time was in February-March
- but those runs have included European or other Cup games
- we even managed a run of 5 in March-August
- but this would be our first all-League run of 4 straight wins
live on the box!
- Paul Tierney will be refereeing the game against Man Utd
- we won on his last Everton appointment - 2-0
at West Ham 3 weeks ago
- his most recent Goodison fixture, however, ended in our 6-2
defeat to Tottenham last December!
- overall, home and away in all competitions, our record with
him in the middle is W4 D1 L2
- will Mr Tierney award a penalty?!
- if Jordan Pickford saves one he will be the first Everton goalkeeper
save 4 penalties in one season
- his current 3 ties him with Tim Howard (2009/10), Neville Southall
(1988/89) and Tommy Fern (1920/21)!
- a penalty save by either goalkeeper would also equal a record
- it would be only the 3rd time that there have been 6 penalty
saves in Everton games in one season!
- the other times were last season and 1904/05
- the match is a Sunday game with a 1.30pm kick-off
- home and away, we’ve won 0 of our last 5 games with that combination
- W0 D1 L4!
- the last two were particularly forgettable
at Southampton in November 2017 and 5-2
at home to Arsenal in October 2017!
- at Goodison, we’ve won 2 and lost 2 of our last 4 Sunday games
starting at 1.30pm
- the most recent victory was the 4-0
hammering of Man City in January 2017!
- a reminder of some newer sections on the site!
- which Everton substitute has scored the most goals for us?
- which opposition sub has scored the most against us?
- the new 'Goals
by Substitutes' section will let you know!
- Test cricketers have a small number on their shirt or cap
- it shows where they fit in in terms of the historical chronology
of their country
- now you can see what number every Everton player would wear!
- have a look at the 'Everton
Players Numbered Chronologically' section!
- who's managed the most times against Everton?
- who's managed the most clubs against us?!
- well, there's a new 'Opposition
Managers' section that will tell you everything you need to
- the 'Goals
in Most Consecutive Matches' section has been updated!
- it now includes details of which Everton players have scored
in the most successive home & away games too!
- who was the last Everton man to play 50 or more games in a season?
- who has played the most games in one season?!
- the new '50
or More Appearances in a Season' section will tell you!
- on the flip side, which players only ever managed 1 game for
- find out in the new Just
One Appearance section!
- we used 39 different players last season in all competitions
and 15 of them scored a goal
- is that a lot?! how does it compare to other seasons?
- find out in the new 'Number
of Players Used and Goal Scorers - Season-by-Season' section!
- who was the last Everton player to feature in every game in
- have a look at the new Ever
Presents section to find out!
- and how often have we completed League 'doubles' over our opponents
in the past?
- alternatively, how often have we been on the receiving end of
- you can now find out in the new League
Doubles For and Against section
- ever wondered which Everton player has been substituted the
- well, now you can find out - have a look at the new Subbed
Off section for full, fascinating details!
- Ademola Lookman was the last Everton player to score on his
- who else has managed that feat for the club?!
- have a look at the new Scored
on Their Debut section to find out!
- Wayne Rooney has now departed, of course, but who else has had
2 separate spells at the club?!
- the new Two
or More Spells at Everton section will tell you!
- Jordan Pickford looks like he'll be our keeper for some years
- but who else has appeared for us between the sticks in the past?!
- the new Goalkeepers
section has all the details!
- and don't forget there's also a new History
In Short section too!
- you can see at a glance how many times we've finished in each
position in the League
- and where exactly we've been knocked out of the various cup
- have a peek!
Notable Forthcoming Anniversaries and Milestones
Tom Davies needs 1 more start to reach 50 for us in
the Prem - he's currently made 49
Dominic Calvert-Lewin needs 2 more starts to reach 50 for
us in all comps - he's made 48 so far
Mason Holgate needs
2 more appearances to reach 50 for us in all comps - he's on 43
+ 5 at the moment
Dates of Birth
Click below for information, erm, about
How Have Everton Performed
Birthday In The Past?
Or On Your Wife's? Or The Cat's?
Click On The Link And Pick A Date!
Appearances, Goals & Clean Sheets
Who Has Played The Most Times For
Who's Scored The Most Goals?
Is Big Dunc Our Most Used Sub Ever?
Click On The Link And Find Out!
When We're Good, We're Good.
When We're Bad, We're Terrible!
What's The Most Goals We've Ever Scored,
Or Conceded, In Any One Match?
Click On The Link To See The Extremes!
Did Over 70,000 People Really Used
And Watch Us At Home?
And What Were Our Smallest Crowds,
Home And Away?
Click On The Link To See The Figures!
Remember 1950-51? We Were
Remember 1984-85? We Were Good!!
Remember 1921-22? Er, No, Thought Not!
Click On The Link And Pick A Season!
Did We Really Once Lose To Glossop?
How Bad Have We Been Against Man Utd
In The Premier League?!
Click On The Link And Pick A Team!
What's Our Best Run Of Victories?
Or Our Worst Run Of Defeats?
What's The Longest We've Gone Without
Defeat? Or Without Winning?
Click On The Link To Reveal The Sequences!
A Whole Variety Of Information!
FA Cup 3rd Round, Opening Day, Christmas,
Easter, Europe, Cup Defeats, Big Matches,
Strange Competitions And More- It's All There!
Click On The Link And Pick A Topic!
About The Site
You are free to copy any of the contents of this website provided that
the use is not for commercial purposes
or for financial gain and that proper acknowledgement is given to Everton
Results. All rights reserved.