THE BLUE ROOM
THIS IS NOT
Welcome To Yet Another Everton Website!!!
The purpose of this site is to provide a comprehensive record of the results
of all competitive games played by Everton since their formation, together
with details of player appearances and goals.
There are lots of links on the left that break down the information into
different categories (as explained down below) so go ahead and click on
one and see what you get!
The title bar above currently features Kevin Ratcliffe and Warney Cresswell,
two former Everton legends - both captains, both cultured defenders, both
double title winners, both FA Cup winners.
Click on their photos to see brief details of their Everton careers and
appearances & goals.
The title bar images will change every so often so that you'll get to
see a whole host of Everton greats throughout the months and years ahead.
Images (and career summaries) of previous weeks' legends can be
seen by clicking the 'Previous Legends' link on the left, where you'll
also find a link to take you to details of the less-than-legendary donkeys
like Mike Walker who have 'starred' in the 'Apart From ...' feature!
LET'S FORGET THE ARSENAL GAME, SHALL WE? ...
- ... I go away for a week-long
break and you all let THAT happen. What's the matter with you!
- next up is Crystal Palace at home on February
- we've never played Palace before in a February 10th game
- and we lost on our last outing on that date, 2-0
at Man Utd in 2013
- our last home game on Feb 10 was a
2-1 win against Chelsea in 2010
- with Louis Saha netting twice and also missing a penalty!
- in 1993 we lost 2-1
at home to Spurs on February 10th and it was a memorable game
for 2 reasons
- firstly, Crystal Palace old boy Kenny Sansom scored for us -
his only goal in 7 Everton appearances!
- but, more significantly, Neville Southall made his 212th
consecutive League appearance
- that's the longest run in our League history!
- only 19 players have played for both ourselves and Palace in
- and 6 of them have been goalkeepers!
- they were: George Wood, Bobby Mimms, Nigel Martyn, Thomas Myhre,
Iain Turner and Carlo Nash
- one of the other 13 was Andy Johnson, a goalscoring star at
- and he will celebrate his 37th birthday on the day of the latest
- we're unbeaten in 6
matches with Palace, home and away in all competitions - W2
- the last meeting was a
2-2 draw at their place in November last year
- the last Goodison Park game also ended all-square - 1-1
in September 2016
Goodison, Palace haven't actually lost in their last 4 visits
- winning 2 and drawing 2
- our last home victory against the Eagles was back in April 2005
we won 4-0
- James Vaughan became the club's - and the Premier League's -
youngest ever scorer
- he was aged
just 16 years & 270 days
- and he still retains both of those records
- if he plays against Palace it will be Phil Jagielka's 370th
appearance for us in all competitions
- that would move him 1 ahead of Kevin Sheedy and into 21st place
alone on our All-Time
- it would also extend
his Everton playing career to 10 years and 180 days
- that would move him up to 36th place on our 'Longest
Playing Career chart'
- he'd jump ahead of legendary 1960s/70s defender John Hurst
- if Seamus Coleman plays it will be his 208th
League appearance for us
- that's the same as both Gary Stevens and Alan Ball managed!
- 1 goal against Palace, by the way, will take us up to 5,300
goals in all of our competitive home games ever!
- Roy Hodgson is the Crystal Palace manager, of course
- he will become only the 2nd
manager to manage 5 different clubs against us at Goodison
Park in the Prem!
- Alan Pardew was the other
- Woy has previously been in charge of Blackburn, Fulham, Liverpool
and West Brom in Prem visits to our place
- Jonathan Moss will be refereeing the game
- we won the last time he took charge of one of our fixtures -
against Swansea last month
- however that's our only win in his last 9 Everton appointments,
home and away - W1 D2 L6
- at Goodison Park in his last 8 games in the middle our record
is W1 D1 L6!
- will he award a penalty?!
- Palace have had 7
spot-kicks in the past against us in all competitions at all
- and they scored all of them!
- so far this season there have been 15 penalties
in Everton games
- that's in all competitions for us and our opponents
- one more in the Palace game would be the most since a remarkable
21 in 1988/89
- that was the highest number we've ever seen in one Everton season!
- if Palace get a pen that will be 9 for our opponents so far
- that would be the most since 1976/77 when we conceded a club
record 10 in the whole season!
- if we save a Palace penalty it will be the 4th pen save this
season by an EFC keeper
- Jordan Pickford saved one at
Hadjuk Split in August and against
West Ham at Goodison in November
- and Joel Robles kept one out against
Atalanta also in November
- our keepers have saved 3 pens in a season several times before
(most recently in 2009/10)
- but we've never had a season when Everton keepers have saved
- between us and our opponents, 5 penalties have been saved by
goalkeepers this season
- only once before - in 1904/05 - have 6 penalties been saved
in Everton fixtures!
- the match is, of course, a traditional Saturday 3.00pm game
- in our last 10 home Saturday League games with that kick-off
time our record is an impressive W8 D1 L1
- in the last 15 it is W10 D4 L1!
- a reminder of some new sections on the site!
- Test cricketers have a small number on their shirt or cap
- it shows where they fit in in terms of the historical chronology
of their country
- now you can see what number every Everton player would wear!
- have a look at the 'Everton
Players Numbered Chronologically' section!
- who's managed the most times against Everton?
- who's managed the most clubs against us?!
- well, there's a new 'Opposition
Managers' section that will tell you everything you need to
- the 'Goals
in Most Consecutive Matches' section has been updated!
- it now includes details of which Everton players have scored
in the most successive home & away games too!
- who was the last Everton man to play 50 or more games in a season?
- who has played the most games in one season?!
- the new '50
or More Appearances in a Season' section will tell you!
- on the flip side, which players only ever managed 1 game for
- find out in the new Just
One Appearance section!
- we used 27 different players last season in all competitions
and 19 of them scored a goal
- is that a lot?! how does it compare to other seasons?
- find out in the new 'Number
of Players Used and Goal Scorers - Season-by-Season' section!
- who was the last Everton player to feature in every game in
- have a look at the new Ever
Presents section to find out!
- and how often have we completed League 'doubles' over our opponents
in the past?
- alternatively, how often have we been on the receiving end of
- you can now find out in the new League
Doubles For and Against section
- ever wondered which Everton player has been substituted the
- well, now you can find out - have a look at the new Subbed
Off section for full, fascinating details!
- Ademola Lookman scored on his Everton debut last season
- who else has managed that feat for the club?!
- have a look at the new Scored
on Their Debut section to find out!
- with Wayne Rooney having returned to Everton action, who else
has had 2 separate spells at the club?!
- the new Two
or More Spells at Everton section will tell you!
- new boy Jordan Pickford looks like he'll be our keeper for some
years to come
- but who else has appeared for us between the sticks in the past?!
- the new Goalkeepers
section has all the details!
- and don't forget there's also a new History
In Short section too!
- you can see at a glance how many times we've finished in each
position in the League
- and where exactly we've been knocked out of the various cup
- have a peek!
Notable Forthcoming Anniversaries and Milestones
Seamus Coleman needs 1 more appearance to reach
250 for us in all competitions - so far he's made 223 starts
+ 26 as a sub
Tom Davies needs 1 more appearance to reach 50 for us in
the Premier League - he's made 32 starts + 17 as a sub so far
Phil Jagielka needs 2 more starts to reach 350 for us in
all competitions - he's currently on 348
Dominic Calvert-Lewin needs 2 more appearances to reach
50 for us in all competitions - so far he's made 27 starts +
21 as a sub
Click below for information, erm, about
How Have Everton Performed
Birthday In The Past?
Or On Your Wife's? Or The Cat's?
Click On The Link And Pick A Date!
Appearances, Goals & Clean Sheets
Who Has Played The Most Times For
Who's Scored The Most Goals?
Is Big Dunc Our Most Used Sub Ever?
Click On The Link And Find Out!
When We're Good, We're Good.
When We're Bad, We're Terrible!
What's The Most Goals We've Ever Scored,
Or Conceded, In Any One Match?
Click On The Link To See The Extremes!
Did Over 70,000 People Really Used
And Watch Us At Home?
And What Were Our Smallest Crowds,
Home And Away?
Click On The Link To See The Figures!
Remember 1950-51? We Were
Remember 1984-85? We Were Good!!
Remember 1921-22? Er, No, Thought Not!
Click On The Link And Pick A Season!
Did We Really Once Lose To Glossop?
How Bad Have We Been Against Man Utd
In The Premier League?!
Click On The Link And Pick A Team!
What's Our Best Run Of Victories?
Or Our Worst Run Of Defeats?
What's The Longest We've Gone Without
Defeat? Or Without Winning?
Click On The Link To Reveal The Sequences!
A Whole Variety Of Information!
FA Cup 3rd Round, Opening Day, Christmas,
Easter, Europe, Cup Defeats, Big Matches,
Strange Competitions And More- It's All There!
Click On The Link And Pick A Topic!
About The Site
You are free to copy any of the contents of this website provided that
the use is not for commercial purposes
or for financial gain and that proper acknowledgement is given to Everton
Results. All rights reserved.