THE BLUE ROOM
THIS IS NOT
Welcome To Yet Another Everton Website!!!
The purpose of this site is to provide a comprehensive record of the results
of all competitive games played by Everton since their formation, together
with details of player appearances and goals.
There are lots of links on the left that break down the information into
different categories (as explained down below) so go ahead and click on
one and see what you get!
The title bar above currently features Graeme Sharp and Peter Farrell,
two former Everton legends - one
a double title winner, one an inspirational captain.
Click on their photos to see brief details of their Everton careers and
appearances & goals.
The title bar images will change every so often so that you'll get to
see a whole host of Everton greats throughout the months and years ahead.
Images (and career summaries) of previous weeks' legends can be
seen by clicking the 'Previous Legends' link on the left, where you'll
also find a link to take you to details of the less-than-legendary donkeys
like Mike Walker who have 'starred' in the 'Apart From ...' feature!
SHEFFIELD UNITED ARE NEXT IN THIS TOPSY-TURVY OPENING TO
THE SEASON ...
... we lost the last time we
September 21st - 3-2 at home
Crystal Palace in 2014
- current out-on-loan Blue Yannick Bolasie scored what turned out
to be Palace’s winner!
- we actually have a pretty average
home record on this date in the past - W5 D1 L5
- three of
those defeats were by a 3-2 scoreline and one was a 3-1 loss!
- our last home win on Sep 21 came against West Brom
2-1 after extra time in the League Cup 3rd Round in 2011
our last home League victory on September 21st was
a 3-0 win against Coventry in 1991
- thst came courtesy of a Peter
- 21st September is Trevor Steven’s
- Tricky Trev scored 60 goals in 299 games for
us in the glorious 1980’s
- and he won two League titles, the
FA Cup and the European Cup Winners Cup too
- what a legend!
- our last meeting with Sheff Utd was a 3-1 home League Cup
2nd Round victory
in August 2011
- the Blades’ Richard Creswell
scored at both ends!
- our last League encounter was
a 1-1 draw at their place in March 2007
- Mikel Arteta’s 75th penalty
equalised Rob Hulse’s 52nd minute opener
- their last Prem
visit to Goodison ended
2-0 in our favour in October 2006
Blades’ defender Claude Davis received a red card after 32 minutes
- curiously, Mikel Arteta scored for us in each of those 3
most recent meetings with Sheff Utd!
- our last defeat to
Sheff Utd came back in May 1993
- Carl Bradshaw and Glyn Hodges
did the damage in
a 2-0 home loss
- that was one of
5 successive defeats for us against the Blades at the time
since then we’re unbeaten in 5 meetings in all competitions!
at Goodison their 1993 win was their 3rd in a row against us
- and since then we’ve won 3 in a row!
- a few
milestones may be reached against Sheff Utd
- both Tom Davies
and Morgan Schneiderlin could make their 50th Premier League
starts for us
- and Dominic Calvert-Lewin could make his 100th
appearance for us in all competitions
- if he does it will be his 10th goal for us
in the Premier League at Goodison Park!
- he’d be
the 28th Everton player to reach that milestone
- Romelu Lukaku
heads the list with 40 Premier League goals for us at Goodison
- he managed another 28 away from home and is our
leading Prem marksman on 68 goals
- if Dominic Calvert-Lewin scores
again against the Blades it will be his 13th Premier League goal
for the club
2 other players are on that figure for us
at the moment
- and they both played for Sheff Utd too!
James Beattie and Danny Cadamarteri are the men in question!
- if we beat the Blades it will be our 3rd consecutive home
League win at the start of the season
- that would be the first
time we’ve achieved the feat in the Premier League era
last time we managed it was in
- overall a win
would be our 7th in succession in the Premier League at Goodison
- we haven’t managed that since a run of 8 straight home Prem
January to April 2017
- 45 players have made
competitive appearances for both Everton and Sheff Utd
of the most recent being Mo Besic, Kieran Dowell, Dominic
- and, of course, our former skipper Phil
- welcome back Jags!
- here's a
reminder of the most recent additions to the site:
was our oldest ever starting line-up? And the youngest?
seasons were our oldest and youngest? Which managers went with
youth and who went wth old codgers?!
it's all here in the new 'Average
Staring Line-Up Ages section'!
- which Everton
player made the most substitute appearances in a single season?!
in all competitions and in the League alone?
- the new 'Most
Sub Apps In One Season' section has the answers!
- which Everton substitute has scored the most goals for us?
- which opposition sub has scored the most against us?
- the new 'Goals
by Substitutes' section will let you know!
- Test cricketers have a small number on their shirt or cap
- it shows where they fit in in terms of the historical chronology
of their country
- now you can see what number every Everton player would wear!
- have a look at the 'Everton
Players Numbered Chronologically' section!
- who's managed the most times against Everton?
- who's managed the most clubs against us?!
- well, there's a new 'Opposition
Managers' section that will tell you everything you need to
- the 'Goals
in Most Consecutive Matches' section has been updated!
- it now includes details of which Everton players have scored
in the most successive home & away games too!
- who was the last Everton man to play 50 or more games in a season?
- who has played the most games in one season?!
- the new '50
or More Appearances in a Season' section will tell you!
- on the flip side, which players only ever managed 1 game for
- find out in the new Just
One Appearance section!
- we used 39 different players last season in all competitions
and 15 of them scored a goal
- is that a lot?! how does it compare to other seasons?
- find out in the new 'Number
of Players Used and Goal Scorers - Season-by-Season' section!
- who was the last Everton player to feature in every game in
- have a look at the new Ever
Presents section to find out!
- and how often have we completed League 'doubles' over our opponents
in the past?
- alternatively, how often have we been on the receiving end of
- you can now find out in the new League
Doubles For and Against section
- ever wondered which Everton player has been substituted the
- well, now you can find out - have a look at the new Subbed
Off section for full, fascinating details!
- Ademola Lookman was the last Everton player to score on his
- who else has managed that feat for the club?!
- have a look at the new Scored
on Their Debut section to find out!
- Wayne Rooney has now departed, of course, but who else has had
2 separate spells at the club?!
- the new Two
or More Spells at Everton section will tell you!
- Jordan Pickford looks like he'll be our keeper for some years
- but who else has appeared for us between the sticks in the past?!
- the new Goalkeepers
section has all the details!
- and don't forget there's also a new History
In Short section too!
- you can see at a glance how many times we've finished in each
position in the League
- and where exactly we've been knocked out of the various cup
- have a peek!
Notable Forthcoming Anniversaries and Milestones
Davies needs 1 more start to reach 50 for us in
the Prem - he's currently made 49
Calvert-Lewin needs 1 more appearance to reach 100 for
us in all competitions - so far he's made 55 starts and 44 as a
Schneiderlin needs 1 more start to reach 50 for us in
the Prem - he's on 49 at the moment
Dates of Birth
Click below for information, erm, about
How Have Everton Performed
Birthday In The Past?
Or On Your Wife's? Or The Cat's?
Click On The Link And Pick A Date!
Appearances, Goals & Clean Sheets
Who Has Played The Most Times For
Who's Scored The Most Goals?
Is Big Dunc Our Most Used Sub Ever?
Click On The Link And Find Out!
When We're Good, We're Good.
When We're Bad, We're Terrible!
What's The Most Goals We've Ever Scored,
Or Conceded, In Any One Match?
Click On The Link To See The Extremes!
Did Over 70,000 People Really Used
And Watch Us At Home?
And What Were Our Smallest Crowds,
Home And Away?
Click On The Link To See The Figures!
Remember 1950-51? We Were
Remember 1984-85? We Were Good!!
Remember 1921-22? Er, No, Thought Not!
Click On The Link And Pick A Season!
Did We Really Once Lose To Glossop?
How Bad Have We Been Against Man Utd
In The Premier League?!
Click On The Link And Pick A Team!
What's Our Best Run Of Victories?
Or Our Worst Run Of Defeats?
What's The Longest We've Gone Without
Defeat? Or Without Winning?
Click On The Link To Reveal The Sequences!
A Whole Variety Of Information!
FA Cup 3rd Round, Opening Day, Christmas,
Easter, Europe, Cup Defeats, Big Matches,
Strange Competitions And More- It's All There!
Click On The Link And Pick A Topic!
About The Site
You are free to copy any of the contents of this website provided that
the use is not for commercial purposes
or for financial gain and that proper acknowledgement is given to Everton
Results. All rights reserved.