THE BLUE ROOM
THIS IS NOT
Welcome To Yet Another Everton Website!!!
The purpose of this site is to provide a comprehensive record of the results
of all competitive games played by Everton since their formation, together
with details of player appearances and goals.
There are lots of links on the left that break down the information into
different categories (as explained down below) so go ahead and click on
one and see what you get!
The title bar above currently features Graeme Sharp and Peter Farrell,
two former Everton legends - one
a double title winner, one an inspirational captain.
Click on their photos to see brief details of their Everton careers and
appearances & goals.
The title bar images will change every so often so that you'll get to
see a whole host of Everton greats throughout the months and years ahead.
Images (and career summaries) of previous weeks' legends can be
seen by clicking the 'Previous Legends' link on the left, where you'll
also find a link to take you to details of the less-than-legendary donkeys
like Mike Walker who have 'starred' in the 'Apart From ...' feature!
CHELSEA NEXT - WHAT COULD POSSIBLY GO WRONG! ...
... we’ve played Chelsea once
before on Match 17th - a
4-0 home victory in 1962
- that was a
top flight season which saw us finish 4th, 5 points behind
- the Pensioners were relegated in 22nd, and last, place!
- how times have changed!!
- our last March
17th outing came last year and saw us win 2-1
at Stoke City with a brace from Cenk Tosun
- our Chelsea loanee Kurt Zouma was in the Potters side that day
- our most recent March 17th home game was a
1-1 draw with Sunderland
- that was in an FA Cup Quarter-Final tie in 2012
- we won the replay 2-0 10
days later at their place
- before eventually losing to Liverpool in the Semi-Final in
- overall, we’ve played 8 home games in the past on March 17th
and our record is W6 D1 L1
- the one defeat came in our first home outing on this date -
4-3 loss to Oldham in 1915
- we don’t have a very good recent record against Chelsea!
- the last 2 encounters (both in the League) have ended goalless
- they were at home in December
2017 and at Stamford Bridge in November
- indeed, we have failed to score against Chelsea now in 5
successive League matches, home and away
- and we have conceded 10 goals in the process!
- the last Everton player to find the net against them in the
League was Ramiro Funes Mori
- that came in the 90th minute of our 3-3
draw at Stamford Bridge in January 2016
- unfortunately for us, John Terry equalised in the 98th minute!
- just in the League we are winless in our last 6 meetings with
Chelsea - W0 D3 L3
- our last Prem victory came at Goodison 3-1 in September
- it was helped by a hat-trick from substitute Steven Naismith!
- we did, of course, also beat them 2-0 at Goodison in the FA
Cup Quarter-Final in March
- ex-Pensioner Romelu Lukaku did the damage that day with both
at Goodison, things aren’t quite so bad
- in their last 10 League visits our record is W5 D2 L3 and in
the last 13 in all competitions it is W6 D3 L4
- Chelsea’s last win at Goodison was a
3-0 victory in April 2017
- if Seamus Coleman starts the match against Chelsea it will be
his 257th start for us in all competitions
- that would be one more than Tim Cahill managed for the club!
- he'd be in 54th place alone on our
all-time Starts list
- it would also be his 221st start for us in the Premier League,
1 more than Dave Watson reached!
- Seamus would move to 9th place on his own on our our
all-time Prem Starts chart
- if Tom Davies starts the match it will be his 50th start for
us in the Prem
- he’d be the 75th player to reach that milestone for the club!
- Phil Jagielka will be 36 years and 212 days old on the day of
- if he plays he will become the 19th
oldest player in our history!
- Gylfi Sigurdsson, Dominic Calvert-Lewin and Richarlison have
been in the goals lately for us
- can they continue scoring?!
- if Gylfi manages another goal against Chelsea he’ll move on
to 12 in the Prem for us this campaign
- and 16 in his Everton Premier League career
- that would put him level with Nikica Jelavic and Gary Speed
in 27th place on our
all-time Prem scoring list
- if either DCL or Richie score they’ll move to 12 Premier League
goals for us in total
- that's the same as Lee Carsley!
- they'd be in joint 35th place on that chart!
- 3 goals against Chelsea this time (!) would bring up 800
for us at home in our Premier League history
- that would be in our 516th home Prem game
- 1 goal meanwhile would be our 50th
under Marco Silva in all competitions
- whereas 2 goals conceded would also take us to 50 against with
Marco as our manager!
- will we fail to score against Chelsea?
- if we do, it will be 3 successive home games for us without
a goal in all competitions
- that would equal the a club record!
- it’s happened 15 times before in our history - most recently
- counting just League games it’s only happened 12 times before
- the last time was also that August/September 2005 sequence
- our record in the League is 5 successive home games without
- that happened in August-October
- at the other end of the pitch, - can Jordan Pickford keep a
- if he does it will be his 19th for the club in the League
- that would be the same as 1960s/70s ‘keeper Andy Rankin managed
- they’d be level in 17th
place on that particular Everton chart!
- if we do keep a clean sheet it will be our 2nd in succession
at home in all competitions
- that's something we haven’t yet managed so far this season!
- the last time we did was in April
- oh, and a defeat by Chelsea would be our 6th home League defeat
of the season
- that would be our most since 8
- Anthony Taylor will referee the match - and he may have his
- there have been more penalties
in our matches with Chelsea (49) than in any of our other fixtures!
- however, there hasn’t been one in a League meeting between the
clubs since December 2010
- Didier Drogba scored that one at Stamford Bridge in our 1-1
- we've actually failed with our last 2 spot-kicks against Chelsea!
- in October
2011 Leighton Baines saw his effort saved by Petr Cech in
a League Cup tie
- we lost 2-1 after extra-time at Goodison
- that was in a game that also saw Nicolas Anelka put a penalty
wide for Chelsea!
- in February
2010 Cech also saved a Louis Saha spot-kick in a Premier League
encounter at Goodison
- Louis did manage both goals, however, in our eventual 2-1 win!
- if Jordan Pickford saves a penalty in this game it will be the
4th time he’s done so, so far this season
- no Everton goalkeeper has ever saved that many penalties before
in 1 season!
- there have also been a lot of sendings-off
in all Everton/Chelsea fixtures - 26 in total
- that's more than in any of our games with other opponents except
against Liverpool (27)!
- the 14 Chelsea dismissals is the most by any of our opponents!
- the match will be just our 3rd Premier League game to kick-off
- our first was in November
2016, at Southampton and we lost 1-0
- the most recent was our 3-2 victory against Watford at Goodison
- it was a dramatic occasion!
- we were 2-0 down with 23 minutes to go before Oumar Niasse and
Dominic Calvert-Lewin brought us level
- Leighton Baines then scored our 91st minute winner from the
- and there was still time for ex-Blue, Tom Cleverley, to miss
a chance to equalise
- he put a 101st minute Watford spot-kick wide!
- a reminder of some newer sections on the site!
- which Everton substitute has scored the most goals for us?
- which opposition sub has scored the most against us?
- the new 'Goals
by Substitutes' section will let you know!
- Test cricketers have a small number on their shirt or cap
- it shows where they fit in in terms of the historical chronology
of their country
- now you can see what number every Everton player would wear!
- have a look at the 'Everton
Players Numbered Chronologically' section!
- who's managed the most times against Everton?
- who's managed the most clubs against us?!
- well, there's a new 'Opposition
Managers' section that will tell you everything you need to
- the 'Goals
in Most Consecutive Matches' section has been updated!
- it now includes details of which Everton players have scored
in the most successive home & away games too!
- who was the last Everton man to play 50 or more games in a season?
- who has played the most games in one season?!
- the new '50
or More Appearances in a Season' section will tell you!
- on the flip side, which players only ever managed 1 game for
- find out in the new Just
One Appearance section!
- we used 39 different players last season in all competitions
and 15 of them scored a goal
- is that a lot?! how does it compare to other seasons?
- find out in the new 'Number
of Players Used and Goal Scorers - Season-by-Season' section!
- who was the last Everton player to feature in every game in
- have a look at the new Ever
Presents section to find out!
- and how often have we completed League 'doubles' over our opponents
in the past?
- alternatively, how often have we been on the receiving end of
- you can now find out in the new League
Doubles For and Against section
- ever wondered which Everton player has been substituted the
- well, now you can find out - have a look at the new Subbed
Off section for full, fascinating details!
- Ademola Lookman was the last Everton player to score on his
- who else has managed that feat for the club?!
- have a look at the new Scored
on Their Debut section to find out!
- Wayne Rooney has now departed, of course, but who else has had
2 separate spells at the club?!
- the new Two
or More Spells at Everton section will tell you!
- Jordan Pickford looks like he'll be our keeper for some years
- but who else has appeared for us between the sticks in the past?!
- the new Goalkeepers
section has all the details!
- and don't forget there's also a new History
In Short section too!
- you can see at a glance how many times we've finished in each
position in the League
- and where exactly we've been knocked out of the various cup
- have a peek!
Notable Forthcoming Anniversaries and Milestones
Tom Davies needs
1 more start to reach 50 for us in the Prem - he's currently made
Idrissa Gueye needs 2 more starts to reach 100 for us in
all competitions - so far he's made 98
Mason Holgate needs
2 more appearances to reach 50 for us in all comps - he's on 43
+ 5 at the moment
Dates of Birth
Click below for information, erm, about
How Have Everton Performed
Birthday In The Past?
Or On Your Wife's? Or The Cat's?
Click On The Link And Pick A Date!
Appearances, Goals & Clean Sheets
Who Has Played The Most Times For
Who's Scored The Most Goals?
Is Big Dunc Our Most Used Sub Ever?
Click On The Link And Find Out!
When We're Good, We're Good.
When We're Bad, We're Terrible!
What's The Most Goals We've Ever Scored,
Or Conceded, In Any One Match?
Click On The Link To See The Extremes!
Did Over 70,000 People Really Used
And Watch Us At Home?
And What Were Our Smallest Crowds,
Home And Away?
Click On The Link To See The Figures!
Remember 1950-51? We Were
Remember 1984-85? We Were Good!!
Remember 1921-22? Er, No, Thought Not!
Click On The Link And Pick A Season!
Did We Really Once Lose To Glossop?
How Bad Have We Been Against Man Utd
In The Premier League?!
Click On The Link And Pick A Team!
What's Our Best Run Of Victories?
Or Our Worst Run Of Defeats?
What's The Longest We've Gone Without
Defeat? Or Without Winning?
Click On The Link To Reveal The Sequences!
A Whole Variety Of Information!
FA Cup 3rd Round, Opening Day, Christmas,
Easter, Europe, Cup Defeats, Big Matches,
Strange Competitions And More- It's All There!
Click On The Link And Pick A Topic!
About The Site
You are free to copy any of the contents of this website provided that
the use is not for commercial purposes
or for financial gain and that proper acknowledgement is given to Everton
Results. All rights reserved.