THE BLUE ROOM
THIS IS NOT
Welcome To Yet Another Everton Website!!!
The purpose of this site is to provide a comprehensive record of the results
of all competitive games played by Everton since their formation, together
with details of player appearances and goals.
There are lots of links on the left that break down the information into
different categories (as explained down below) so go ahead and click on
one and see what you get!
The title bar above currently features Andrei Kanchelskis and Ray
two former Everton
legends - one
a flying goalscoring winger, one a World Cup winning full-back.
Click on their photos to see brief details of their Everton careers and
appearances & goals.
The title bar images will change every so often so that you'll get to
see a whole host of Everton greats throughout the months and years ahead.
Images (and career summaries) of previous weeks' legends can be
seen by clicking the 'Previous Legends' link on the left, where you'll
also find a link to take you to details of the less-than-legendary donkeys
like Mike Walker who have 'starred' in the 'Apart From ...' feature!
CAN WE KEEP THE UNBEATEN RUN GOING AT VILLA?
Births on September 18th
- 1976 - Stephen Hughes,
ineffectual midfielder who played 33 games in 1999/2000 and
Previous Games on September 18th
- we’ve met Villa once before on
- it came back in 1974 at
Goodison Park when they were in the second tier
we lost 3-0 in a League Cup 2nd Round Replay!
ex-Blue Ron Saunders was the Villa boss at the time and
future-Blue John Gidman was in their side
- our last outing
on this date was
- we beat Wolfsburg (who had Kevin De
Bruyne in their line-up!) 4-1 at Goodison in a Europa League Group
- that was one of 5 successive home games for us on
- our last away match was
a 4-2 win at Old
Trafford in 1985
- it was a Group game in the long-forgotten
Screen Sport Super Cup!
- our last League away game on
September 18th was
a 3-1 defeat at Arsenal in 1976
the only defeat in all 6 of the away games we’ve played on this
date in the past in all competitions
- W4 D1 L1
had a couple of other notable outings on this date
highest ever home attendance, 78,299, saw us
draw 1-1 in
a Division 1 match with Liverpool
- at 32 years and 167 days,
oldest ever average starting line-up age!
1963, we had our highest home attendance for a European match
62,408 saw us
draw 0-0 with Inter Milan in our first ever European
Previous Meetings With Aston
- famously, Aston Villa versus Everton is
the most played League fixture in English football!
- so far,
we have met
206 times in the League, home and away
- this is
our record in those games: W76 D55 L75 – F323 A315
won 0 of
our last 4 metings with Villa - W0 D2 L2
- the most
a 0-0 draw at their place last May
- the last time we
beat them was also at Villa Park,
3-1 in March 2016
defeat that kept Remi Garde’s Villa rooted to the foot of the
- the Villa team that day contained Joleon Lescott and
- that’s the only win in our
last 4 trips to their
place, though - W1 D1 L2
- a defeat this time would be our
50th loss at their place in League games, by the way
- we’ve had a
couple of other notable encounters with Villa at their place in
- in August 2012,
we won 3-1 at Villa Park
- it was our 11th successive
Premier League match, home and away, without defeat,
our joint best such run
- in February 1984,
we had a nerve-wracking
1-0 defeat at Aston Villa in the League
- but we still advanced to the final 2-1 on
Keeping Up Appearances (and goals
and clean sheets!)
- Jordan Pickford needs 1 more
appearance and start to reach 150 for us in the Premier League
- he's currently on 149
- he’d be the
20th Everton player to
reach that start milestone and
the 23rd in terms of all
Jonjoe Kenny plays, it will be his 50th appearance for us in all
- if Seamus Coleman plays against Villa it will be
his 304th League appearances for us
- the same as David
- they’d be in joint 23rd position on
our all-time League list
- if he starts the game it will be
Seamus’s 314th start for us in all competitions
- the same as
David Unsworth and 1900’s star forward Alex ‘Sandy’ Young managed
- they’ll all be in joint 27th place on
- just on
our all-time Prem start chart, Seamus and Unsy will be in joint 5th
- what a start to his Everton career for Demarai
- he’s now scored in 3 successive Premier League games
- if he nets against Villa he will become only
the 7th Everton player to score in 4 consecutive Prem games!
Romelu Lukaku managed it twice - and holds the club record with
goals in 7 straight Prem games
- Dominic Calvert-Lewin managed
- whilst Richarlison, Francis Jeffers, Kevin Campbell and
Andrei Kanchelskis all achieved 4!
- will Jordan Pickford
keep a clean sheet against the Villa?
- if he does
it will be his 49th for us in all competitions, the same as
achieved by 1950’s keeper Jimmy O’Neill
- they’d be
joint 7th on
our all-time list
- the game at Villa will be our 2,300th top flight
current record is W621 D591 L1,087
goals at Villa Park would take us to 600 in our Premier League
history away from home
- in our 560th away Prem game
and a draw against Villa would meanwhile be the 1,200th in our
League history at all venues!
- Everton have been awarded
32 penalties against Villa in the past
- that’s more than
against any other opposition!
- but there hasn’t been a
spot-kick in a Villa v Everton game (at any venue) since May 2015
- Romelu Lukaku netted one in
our 3-2 defeat at Villa Park
- will there be a sending-off at Villa Park?
- if there is it
the 100th, for either side, in all of our away Premier
- we are unbeaten in our last 11 Saturday
away games, all in the Prem – W7 D4 L0!
- the most recent was
our 2-0 win at Brighton at the end of August
- the last defeat
we suffered in a Saturday away game was
also at Brighton - 2-3 in
- and what are the odds on a 1-1 draw?
if that happens it will be for the 500th time in our Top Flight
history, home and away!
- another 2-2 draw, on the other
hand (as we did recently
at Leeds) will be the 300th 2-2 draw in
- that's in all competitions, at all venues!
- here's a
reminder of the most recent additions to the site:
has captained Everton the most number of times?
- who captained
the team in each of our seasons?
- who have been our club
captains each season?
- find all the answers in the new
was Everton's number 23 in 2005/06?
- how many outfield players
have worn the number 13 shirt for us?!
- what's the highest
number ever sported by an Everton player?
- all your squad number
questions can now be answered wth the help of the new 'Squad
11 Everton players started the most games together?
- which two players started the most
times together for us?
- what about the Holy Trinity? Or The
1995 FA Cup winning team? Or Dean and Lawton? How many times
- have a look at the new
Starting Line-Ups section' - it's got it all!
was our oldest ever starting line-up? And the youngest?
seasons were our oldest and youngest? Which managers went with
youth and who went wth old codgers?!
it's all here in the new 'Average
Starting Line-Up Ages section'!
- which Everton
player made the most substitute appearances in a single season?!
in all competitions and in the League alone?
- the new 'Most
Sub Apps In One Season' section has the answers!
- which Everton substitute has scored the most goals for us?
- which opposition sub has scored the most against us?
- the new 'Goals
by Substitutes' section will let you know!
- Test cricketers have a small number on their shirt or cap
- it shows where they fit in in terms of the historical chronology
of their country
- now you can see what number every Everton player would wear!
- have a look at the 'Everton
Players Numbered Chronologically' section!
- who's managed the most times against Everton?
- who's managed the most clubs against us?!
- well, there's a new 'Opposition
Managers' section that will tell you everything you need to
- the 'Goals
in Most Consecutive Matches' section has been updated!
- it now includes details of which Everton players have scored
in the most successive home & away games too!
- who was the last Everton man to play 50 or more games in a season?
- who has played the most games in one season?!
- the new '50
or More Appearances in a Season' section will tell you!
- on the flip side, which players only ever managed 1 game for
- find out in the new Just
One Appearance section!
- we used 39 different players
in 2017/18 in all competitions
and 15 of them scored a goal
- is that a lot?! how does it compare to other seasons?
- find out in the new 'Number
of Players Used and Goal Scorers - Season-by-Season' section!
- who was the last Everton player to feature in every game in
- have a look at the new Ever
Presents section to find out!
- and how often have we completed League 'doubles' over our opponents
in the past?
- alternatively, how often have we been on the receiving end of
- you can now find out in the new League
Doubles For and Against section
- ever wondered which Everton player has been substituted the
- well, now you can find out - have a look at the new Subbed
Off section for full, fascinating details!
Richarlison was the last Everton player to score on his
- who else has managed that feat for the club?!
- have a look at the new Scored
on Their Debut section to find out!
- Wayne Rooney has
long departed, of course, but who else has had
2 separate spells at the club?!
- the new Two
or More Spells at Everton section will tell you!
- Jordan Pickford looks like he'll be our keeper for some years
- but who else has appeared for us between the sticks in the past?!
- the new Goalkeepers
section has all the details!
- and don't forget there's also a new History
In Short section too!
- you can see at a glance how many times we've finished in each
position in the League
- and where exactly we've been knocked out of the various cup
- have a peek!
Notable Forthcoming Anniversaries and Milestones
needs 1 more start to reach 150 for us in the Premier League -
he's currently on 149
needs 1 more appearances to reach 50 for us in all comps - so
far he's made 39 starts + 10 as a sub
Dates of Birth
Click below for information, erm, about
How Have Everton Performed
Birthday In The Past?
Or On Your Wife's? Or The Cat's?
Click On The Link And Pick A Date!
Appearances, Goals & Clean Sheets
Who Has Played The Most Times For
Who's Scored The Most Goals?
Is Big Dunc Our Most Used Sub Ever?
Click On The Link And Find Out!
When We're Good, We're Good.
When We're Bad, We're Terrible!
What's The Most Goals We've Ever Scored,
Or Conceded, In Any One Match?
Click On The Link To See The Extremes!
Did Over 70,000 People Really Used
And Watch Us At Home?
And What Were Our Smallest Crowds,
Home And Away?
Click On The Link To See The Figures!
Remember 1950-51? We Were
Remember 1984-85? We Were Good!!
Remember 1921-22? Er, No, Thought Not!
Click On The Link And Pick A Season!
Did We Really Once Lose To Glossop?
How Bad Have We Been Against Man Utd
In The Premier League?!
Click On The Link And Pick A Team!
What's Our Best Run Of Victories?
Or Our Worst Run Of Defeats?
What's The Longest We've Gone Without
Defeat? Or Without Winning?
Click On The Link To Reveal The Sequences!
A Whole Variety Of Information!
FA Cup 3rd Round, Opening Day, Christmas,
Easter, Europe, Cup Defeats, Big Matches,
Strange Competitions And More- It's All There!
Click On The Link And Pick A Topic!
About The Site
You are free to copy any of the contents of this website provided that
the use is not for commercial purposes
or for financial gain and that proper acknowledgement is given to Everton
Results. All rights reserved.