THE BLUE ROOM
THIS IS NOT
Welcome To Yet Another Everton Website!!!
The purpose of this site is to provide a comprehensive record of the results
of all competitive games played by Everton since their formation, together
with details of player appearances and goals.
There are lots of links on the left that break down the information into
different categories (as explained down below) so go ahead and click on
one and see what you get!
The title bar above currently features Andrei Kanchelskis and Ray
two former Everton
legends - one
a flying goalscoring winger, one a World Cup winning full-back.
Click on their photos to see brief details of their Everton careers and
appearances & goals.
The title bar images will change every so often so that you'll get to
see a whole host of Everton greats throughout the months and years ahead.
Images (and career summaries) of previous weeks' legends can be
seen by clicking the 'Previous Legends' link on the left, where you'll
also find a link to take you to details of the less-than-legendary donkeys
like Mike Walker who have 'starred' in the 'Apart From ...' feature!
SOUTHAMPTON AT HOME NEXT - WHAT COULD POSSIBLY GO
Previous Games on March 1st
- we drew the last time we played a game on
March 1st -
1-1 at home
to Man Utd last year
- Dominic Calvert-Lewin opened the scoring on
3 minutes and Bruno Fernandes equalised after 31 minutes
Ancelotti was red-carded after the final whistle
- for complaining
to referee Chris Kavanagh about a late disallowed goal!
- our last
home win on this date was back in 2014
- with Romelu Lukaku’s
81st minute winner giving us the points
against West Ham
- in 2016,
we won 3-1 at Aston Villa on March 1st
- it was our 8th
consecutive away Premier League match without defeat, our
joint best such run
- coincidentally, we equalled that run last week with our
2-0 success at Anfield!
- on a sad note, on March 1st 1980,
we lost 2-1 at home to Liverpool
- but the defeat was overshadowed by the death of the
Dixie Dean shortly after the final whistle
Meetings With Southampton
- we lost the last time we
2-0 at St Mary's last October via first-half
goals from James Ward-Prowse and Che Adams
- to complete a
miserable day, Lucas Digne was sent off in the second-half!
- another Southampton win this time would give them just
League double against us
- and their first since
- at Goodison, however, we are unbeaten in the
last 16 visits, in all competitions - W10 D6 L0
- that goes
back to their last win here in
our record in all of our Prem meetings at Goodison is an
impressive W14 D6 L1
- and in all League matches at our place it
is an equally good
W31 D10 L5!
- a win this time round
would be our 50th against Southampton in all matches at all
- last season’s Goodison encounter ended in
a 1-1 draw
- an eventful first-half saw James Ward-Prowse hit the bar
with a penalty before Danny Ings opened the scoring
- and then
Richarlison equalised two minutes before the break
had a few other notable meetings with the Saints at Goodison in
- in August 1999, Richard Gough’s scored in
4-1 home win
- that makes him our
oldest ever Premier League
goalscorer at 37 years 138 days
- in October 1978,
George Wood kept his 7th successive clean sheet at Goodison in
a 0-0 League draw with Saints
- that’s the
joint club home record for an Everton goalkeeper
November 1971, we recorded one of only 7 eight goal winning
margins when we beat the Saints
8-0 at Goodison
- the scoreboard famously read 7 9 7 9 8 9 9
7 to indicate the scorers (Royle 4, Johnson 3 and Ball)!
in December 1993, we had our
lowest home Premier League attendance,
- that's not counting the Covid-affected attendances, of
- they watched us
beat Southampton 1-0 in Howard Kendall’s last
match as manager in his second spell in charge
- he left the club
later that day
Keeping Up Appearances (and Goals!)
- if Seamus Coleman plays in
the game, it will be his 290th League appearance for the club!
- that's the same as another right-back captain, Warney Cresswell
played for us from the mid-1920’s to the mid 1930’s
- they’d be in joint 26th position on
- will Dominic Calvert-Lewin score again?!
- if he nets against the
Saints it will be his 51st for us in all competitions
the the same
as managed by Super Kevin Campbell!
- they’d be in joint 46th
our all-time list!
- if we
lose to Southampton it will be our 4th home League loss on the
- that hasn’t happened since
our record run of 7 straight
Goodison League defeats from April to September 1958
spanned the end of one season and the beginning of another
- the last time it happened within the same season was another run
of 4 home losses in
- if we fail to
beat Southampton, it will also mean 6 home League games without a
win for us
- something that last occurred between
October and December 2009
- will there be
a penalty in the game?!
either the Saints or ourselves score one it will be the 100th
successful Premier League spot-kick at Goodison
- so far there have
been 99 successes and 35 unsuccessful efforts!
Southampton get a pen, it will be the 50th for all of our
opponents in the Prem at Goodison
- so far 37 have been scored and
12 missed or saved
- and we need to beware of Danny
- he’s scored in each of Southampton’s last 3 visits to
Goodison in all competitions!
- here's a
reminder of the most recent additions to the site:
was Everton's number 23 in 2005/06?
- how many outfield players
have worn the number 13 shirt for us?!
- what's the highest
number ever sported by an Everton player?
- all your squad number
questions can now be answered wth the help of the new 'Squad
11 Everton players started the most games together?
- which two players started the most
times together for us?
- what about the Holy Trinity? Or The
1995 FA Cup winning team? Or Dean and Lawton? How many times
- have a look at the new
Starting Line-Ups section' - it's got it all!
was our oldest ever starting line-up? And the youngest?
seasons were our oldest and youngest? Which managers went with
youth and who went wth old codgers?!
it's all here in the new 'Average
Starting Line-Up Ages section'!
- which Everton
player made the most substitute appearances in a single season?!
in all competitions and in the League alone?
- the new 'Most
Sub Apps In One Season' section has the answers!
- which Everton substitute has scored the most goals for us?
- which opposition sub has scored the most against us?
- the new 'Goals
by Substitutes' section will let you know!
- Test cricketers have a small number on their shirt or cap
- it shows where they fit in in terms of the historical chronology
of their country
- now you can see what number every Everton player would wear!
- have a look at the 'Everton
Players Numbered Chronologically' section!
- who's managed the most times against Everton?
- who's managed the most clubs against us?!
- well, there's a new 'Opposition
Managers' section that will tell you everything you need to
- the 'Goals
in Most Consecutive Matches' section has been updated!
- it now includes details of which Everton players have scored
in the most successive home & away games too!
- who was the last Everton man to play 50 or more games in a season?
- who has played the most games in one season?!
- the new '50
or More Appearances in a Season' section will tell you!
- on the flip side, which players only ever managed 1 game for
- find out in the new Just
One Appearance section!
- we used 39 different players
in 2017/18 in all competitions
and 15 of them scored a goal
- is that a lot?! how does it compare to other seasons?
- find out in the new 'Number
of Players Used and Goal Scorers - Season-by-Season' section!
- who was the last Everton player to feature in every game in
- have a look at the new Ever
Presents section to find out!
- and how often have we completed League 'doubles' over our opponents
in the past?
- alternatively, how often have we been on the receiving end of
- you can now find out in the new League
Doubles For and Against section
- ever wondered which Everton player has been substituted the
- well, now you can find out - have a look at the new Subbed
Off section for full, fascinating details!
Richarlison was the last Everton player to score on his
- who else has managed that feat for the club?!
- have a look at the new Scored
on Their Debut section to find out!
- Wayne Rooney has
long departed, of course, but who else has had
2 separate spells at the club?!
- the new Two
or More Spells at Everton section will tell you!
- Jordan Pickford looks like he'll be our keeper for some years
- but who else has appeared for us between the sticks in the past?!
- the new Goalkeepers
section has all the details!
- and don't forget there's also a new History
In Short section too!
- you can see at a glance how many times we've finished in each
position in the League
- and where exactly we've been knocked out of the various cup
- have a peek!
Notable Forthcoming Anniversaries and Milestones
Tom Davies needs 2 more starts to reach
100 for us in all comps - he's currently on 98
needs 2 more starts to reach 100 for us in all comps - he's on 98
at the moment
needs 2 more starts to reach 50 for us in all comps - he's on
48 at the moment
Dates of Birth
Click below for information, erm, about
How Have Everton Performed
Birthday In The Past?
Or On Your Wife's? Or The Cat's?
Click On The Link And Pick A Date!
Appearances, Goals & Clean Sheets
Who Has Played The Most Times For
Who's Scored The Most Goals?
Is Big Dunc Our Most Used Sub Ever?
Click On The Link And Find Out!
When We're Good, We're Good.
When We're Bad, We're Terrible!
What's The Most Goals We've Ever Scored,
Or Conceded, In Any One Match?
Click On The Link To See The Extremes!
Did Over 70,000 People Really Used
And Watch Us At Home?
And What Were Our Smallest Crowds,
Home And Away?
Click On The Link To See The Figures!
Remember 1950-51? We Were
Remember 1984-85? We Were Good!!
Remember 1921-22? Er, No, Thought Not!
Click On The Link And Pick A Season!
Did We Really Once Lose To Glossop?
How Bad Have We Been Against Man Utd
In The Premier League?!
Click On The Link And Pick A Team!
What's Our Best Run Of Victories?
Or Our Worst Run Of Defeats?
What's The Longest We've Gone Without
Defeat? Or Without Winning?
Click On The Link To Reveal The Sequences!
A Whole Variety Of Information!
FA Cup 3rd Round, Opening Day, Christmas,
Easter, Europe, Cup Defeats, Big Matches,
Strange Competitions And More- It's All There!
Click On The Link And Pick A Topic!
About The Site
You are free to copy any of the contents of this website provided that
the use is not for commercial purposes
or for financial gain and that proper acknowledgement is given to Everton
Results. All rights reserved.