THE BLUE ROOM
THIS IS NOT
Welcome To Yet Another Everton Website!!!
The purpose of this site is to provide a comprehensive record of the results
of all competitive games played by Everton since their formation, together
with details of player appearances and goals.
There are lots of links on the left that break down the information into
different categories (as explained down below) so go ahead and click on
one and see what you get!
The title bar above currently features Kevin Ratcliffe and Warney Cresswell,
two former Everton legends - both captains, both cultured defenders, both
double title winners, both FA Cup winners.
Click on their photos to see brief details of their Everton careers and
appearances & goals.
The title bar images will change every so often so that you'll get to
see a whole host of Everton greats throughout the months and years ahead.
Images (and career summaries) of previous weeks' legends can be
seen by clicking the 'Previous Legends' link on the left, where you'll
also find a link to take you to details of the less-than-legendary donkeys
like Mike Walker who have 'starred' in the 'Apart From ...' feature!
THE GLOOM CONTINUES AGAINST BURNLEY ...
- ... it was the first time we
haven't beaten the Clarets at home in the Premier League - W3
D0 L1 now
- the last time they won at Goodison was in the old Division 1,
in January 1976
- the defeat saw Ronald Koeman slip to 5th place on our Managers'
- the Dutchman is now behind Roberto Martinez and just ahead of
David Moyes on that chart
- and the game was the 6th time in a row that we've failed to
win in a match shown live
on UK TV!
- Wayne Rooney came on as a substitute against Burnley
- that was his first sub appearance for us since coming on in
home defeat to Man Utd in Feb 2004!
- Wayne has now made 30 substitute appearances for us in all competitions
- he's level with Adrian Heath in joint 25th place on our All-Time
Sub Appearances chart
- Nikola Vlasic, meanwhile, made his first league start for the
club in the match
- we've now had 856 starters in our League history, 201 in the
- oh, and Ashley Williams made his 50th start for us in all competitions
- well done to him!
- enough of the past!
- there's an international break coming up to help us recover!
- find out all you need to know about all of our past and present
capped players here
- after the break it's Brighton away in the Premier League on
- we've never played the Seagulls on that date before
- and we drew 1-1
at Man City in 2016 on our last October 15th outing
- that was the memorable match in which Maarten Stekelenburg saved
- only one other Everton 'keeper had ever managed that feat before
- he was Tommy Fern in our 2-1
win at Sunderland on Boxing Day in 1921
- we've won 0 of our last 6 matches played on October 15th! W0
- our last away win on the date was a 3-2
victory at Fulham in 1960
- we've had a couple of other particularly memorable games in
the past on October 15th
- in 1898 we drew
5-5 at Derby in the League - the first of only two 5-5 draws
in our history
- the other was at
Sheff Wed in 1904
- and in 1887 we played our first ever FA Cup tie - a 1-0
1st Round defeat at Bolton!
- the FA subsequently ordered the match to be replayed due to
Bolton fielding an ineligible player!
- we haven't met Brighton since we travelled to their old Goldstone
Ground in April
- it was a controversial match!
- we were 1-0 up when referee Clive Thomas (yes, him!) awarded
Brighton a dodgy last minute penalty
- Jim Arnold saved it only for Thomas to order a retake claiming
the keeper had moved
- Gordon Smith scored from the re-take and that seemed that
- only for Kevin Sheedy to go straight down the other end and
poke in an even later winner!
- overall, in all meetings at all venues, we have a W5
D4 L2 record against the Seagulls
- at their place it's a well-balanced W2 D2 L2 in all of our visits
- if he plays at Brighton it will be Leighton Baines's 388th appearance
for us in all competitions
- that's the same that the legendary White Pele, Colin Harvey
- they'd both be in joint 18th place on our All-Time
- if Phil Jagielka starts the game it will be his 337th
start for us in all competitions
- he'd move 1 ahead of 1900s half-back Harry Makepeace
- and into 24th place alone on our All-Time
- and if Kevin Mirallas makes a substitute appearance it will
be his 47th for us in the League
- that would move him into joint 7th place, with Stuart Barlow,
on our All-Time
League Sub Apps list!
- if we don't win at Brighton it will take our run without an
away victory in the League to 12 games
- that would be our worst streak since a run of 13 away League
games without a win from Sep
- our last away win in the Prem came back in January - 1-0
at Crystal Palace
- we've got a long way to go to break the club record, however
- that was a run of 35 successive away League games without a
win from October 1970 to April 1972!
- our Premier League worst was 19 away games without a victory
from December 1996 to December 1997!
- if we fail to score at Brighton it would be 4 away games on
the run without a goal for us in all competitions
- the last time that happened was from December
- we lost all 4 games in that run without scoring a single goal!
- Michael Oliver will referee the match
- we've lost on each of his last 2 Everton appointments
- the last one was the 3-1
reverse at Arsenal last May
- in fact, in the last 10 times he's officiated in our away games
our record is a poor W1 D5 L4
- the one win was our 3-0
victory at Southampton in August 2015
- he may award a penalty, of course!
- if he does and either side miss it, it will be the in 150th
missed penalty in an away Everton League game!
- if Brighton miss one, it will be the 100th missed by all of
our opponents in all of our away League games!
- if Leighton Baines nets a penalty against Brighton it will be
his 24th spot-kick success for us
- he'd then move out on his own at the top of our 'Most
Penalties Scored' chart
- he's currently level on 23 (from 26 taken) with David Unsworth
(also from 26) and Trevor Steven (from 29)
- but ..... there have only ever been 2 pens awarded before in
all of our meetings with Brighton, home & away!
- they both went to Brighton and both were scored
- the last one was the Gordon Smith spot-kick mentioned earlier
- and will Mr Oliver award a red card?
- if he does it will be the first sending-off ever in any of Everton's
meetings with Brighton!
- Chris Hughton is, of course, Brighton's manager
- the upcoming match will mean he's managed 3 different clubs
- before Brighton he's been the boss at Newcastle and Norwich
in games against Everton
- and all of his managerial games against us have been in the
- he will become the 19th
different person to manage 3 or more clubs against Everton
in the Premier League!
- the game is on a Sunday, which isn't great news for us!
- we've lost all of our last 5 Sunday games, home and away - W0
D0 L5, all in the Premier League
- away from home we've lost 6 Sunday games on the run! W0 D0 L6
- again all in the Prem
- indeed in our last 10 away League games on a Sunday our
record is a terrible W1 D0 L9
- the one win was 2-1
at QPR in March 2015
- a reminder of some new sections on the site!
- Test cricketers have a small number on their shirt or cap
- it shows where they fit in in terms of the historical chronology
of their country
- now you can see what number every Everton player would wear!
- have a look at the 'Everton
Players Numbered Chronologically' section!
- who's managed the most times against Everton?
- who's managed the most clubs against us?!
- well, there's a new 'Opposition
Managers' section that will tell you everything you need to
- the 'Goals
in Most Consecutive Matches' section has been updated!
- it now includes details of which Everton players have scored
in the most successive home & away games too!
- who was the last Everton man to play 50 or more games in a season?
- who has played the most games in one season?!
- the new '50
or More Appearances in a Season' section will tell you!
- on the flip side, which players only ever managed 1 game for
- find out in the new Just
One Appearance section!
- we used 27 different players last season in all competitions
and 19 of them scored a goal
- is that a lot?! how does it compare to other seasons?
- find out in the new 'Number
of Players Used and Goal Scorers - Season-by-Season' section!
- who was the last Everton player to feature in every game in
- have a look at the new Ever
Presents section to find out!
- and how often have we completed League 'doubles' over our opponents
in the past?
- alternatively, how often have we been on the receiving end of
- you can now find out in the new League
Doubles For and Against section
- ever wondered which Everton player has been substituted the
- well, now you can find out - have a look at the new Subbed
Off section for full, fascinating details!
- Ademola Lookman scored on his Everton debut last season
- who else has managed that feat for the club?!
- have a look at the new Scored
on Their Debut section to find out!
- with Wayne Rooney having returned to Everton action, who else
has had 2 separate spells at the club?!
- the new Two
or More Spells at Everton section will tell you!
- new boy Jordan Pickford looks like he'll be our keeper for some
years to come
- but who else has appeared for us between the sticks in the past?!
- the new Goalkeepers
section has all the details!
- and don't forget there's also a new History
In Short section too!
- you can see at a glance how many times we've finished in each
position in the League
- and where exactly we've been knocked out of the various cup
- have a peek!
Notable Forthcoming Anniversaries and Milestones
Kevin Mirallas needs 1 more appearance to reach
150 for us in the Premier League - he's made 102 starts + 47
as a sub so far
Click below for information, erm, about
How Have Everton Performed
Birthday In The Past?
Or On Your Wife's? Or The Cat's?
Click On The Link And Pick A Date!
Appearances, Goals & Clean Sheets
Who Has Played The Most Times For
Who's Scored The Most Goals?
Is Big Dunc Our Most Used Sub Ever?
Click On The Link And Find Out!
When We're Good, We're Good.
When We're Bad, We're Terrible!
What's The Most Goals We've Ever Scored,
Or Conceded, In Any One Match?
Click On The Link To See The Extremes!
Did Over 70,000 People Really Used
And Watch Us At Home?
And What Were Our Smallest Crowds,
Home And Away?
Click On The Link To See The Figures!
Remember 1950-51? We Were
Remember 1984-85? We Were Good!!
Remember 1921-22? Er, No, Thought Not!
Click On The Link And Pick A Season!
Did We Really Once Lose To Glossop?
How Bad Have We Been Against Man Utd
In The Premier League?!
Click On The Link And Pick A Team!
What's Our Best Run Of Victories?
Or Our Worst Run Of Defeats?
What's The Longest We've Gone Without
Defeat? Or Without Winning?
Click On The Link To Reveal The Sequences!
A Whole Variety Of Information!
FA Cup 3rd Round, Opening Day, Christmas,
Easter, Europe, Cup Defeats, Big Matches,
Strange Competitions And More- It's All There!
Click On The Link And Pick A Topic!
About The Site
You are free to copy any of the contents of this website provided that
the use is not for commercial purposes
or for financial gain and that proper acknowledgement is given to Everton
Results. All rights reserved.