SO, THE STRANGEST SEASON EVER ENDS WITH A VISIT FROM THE
ALL-BUT-DOOMED CHERRIES ...
... only 11 players have
played for both Everton and Bournemouth in the past!
were: Jimmy Miller, Johnny King, Jimmy Gabriel, Alan Whittle, Ian
- Warren Aspinall, Joe Parkinson, Bjarni Vidarsson,
Dan Gosling, Christian Atsu and Sylvain Distin
Hibbert only ever played for Everton, of course!
- the final
appearance of his career came in April 2016
- it was in
our 2-1 home League win - you guessed it - Bournemouth
- unsurprisingly, he didn’t score!
- he made 329 appearances
and 297 starts
without a goal (265 and 242 in the League)
that will surely never be rivalled by another Everton player!
- we have a 100% home record in the past
- P4 W4 in the League and P2 W2 in cup competitions
scored 20 times in those 6 fixtures too and conceded just 7!
they are the only team we’ve played more than 5 times at home that
a 100% record against!
- the Cherries last trip to
Goodison in January 2019 ended in
a 2-0 win for us
- with the
goals coming from Kurt Zouma on 61 minutes and Dominic
Calvert-Lewin in the 5th minute of injury time
- since then
we’ve been defeated at their place
3-1 last September, with
Dominic Calvert-Lewin again scoring our goal
- that victory
took the Cherries up to 8th place at the time, a different
position than they find themselves in this time
win today would give them their first ever League ‘double’ against
- a draw against Bournemouth would be our 3rd on the
run at Goodison this season
- that hasn’t happened since a run
of 5 successive home draws (4 in the Premier League) in
- if we don’t lose to the Cherries it
will take our unbeaten home run up to 13 games in all
competitions, 12 in the Prem
- we haven’t achieved that since a
run of 14 games unbeaten at Goodison in all comps between March &
- and a run of 17 in the Prem between January
and December 2013
- if Gylfi Sigurdsson plays against
Bournemouth it will be his 100th appearance for us in the Premier
- currently he's made 88 starts + 11 as a sub
the 49th player to reach that milestone for the club!
- if Seamus Coleman plays, it will be his 274th League appearance
- exactly the same as another Republic of Ireland
legend, Kevin Sheedy, achieved!
- they would be joint 31st on
our all-time list!
- if Jordan Pickford plays he will have
ever-present in goal for us this season in all 43 games in
- nobody has done that for us since
- back then, both Leighton Baines and Sylvain Distin each appeared
in all 44 of our matches
- the last keeper to manage it for
us was Tim Howard back in
2008/09 with 48 appearances in all in
- will Leighton Baines get a game?!
will be 35 years and 228 days old on July 26th
3 days older than the
legendary Howard Kendall was when he played his last game for us
in January 1982!
- after his superb header at Sheffield
United, can Richarlison nab another goal against the Cherries?!
- if he does, he’ll move on to 27 for us in his Premier League
- that’s the same as achieved by Mikel Arteta and
- they’d all be in joint 11th place on
our all-time Prem scoring chart, which is headed by Romelu Lukaku on 68!
- will either Richarlison or Dominic Calvert-Lewin score
- if they do they will be on 14 Premier
League goals for us this season
- only Romelu Lukaku (3 times)
and Yakubu (once) have bettered that
- that was
when Andrei Kanchelskis hit 16 League goals for us
Richarlison’s goal at Bramall Lane took him to 15 goals in all
competitions for us this season
- the same as teammate Dominic
- the last time we had 2 players scoring 15 or
more goals for us in a season was back in
Steven, Adrian Heath and Kevin Sheedy all managed 16 goals apiece
during that campaign in all competitions!
- it was our most
recent title-winning season!
- Everton are yet to lose at
home under Carlo Ancelotti!
- his current home Prem record is
W4 D5 L0
- if the run continues, it will be his 10th League
game without defeat here at Goodison for him
- that would beat
the club League record at Goodison for a manager at the start of
his Everton reign
- which is currently held by Billy Bingham
(W5 D4 L0) back
- 1 goal for Bournemouth, by the
way, would take us up to
2,500 conceded in our Top Flight history
- in our 2,278th game
- and it would be the
7,400th against us in our entire competitive history, in our
- the match is, of course, our final League
game of the season
- the first time we’ve ever met the
Cherries in the campaign closer
- which teams have we met
the most in the final League game of the season?
- Chelsea and
Arsenal jointly is the answer - 9 times each over the years
- there have only ever been
2 penalties in all of our previous
encounters with Bournemouth
- and both were to the Cherries!
- Joel Robles saved Charlie Daniels’ effort at the Vitality in
our 2-0 FA Cup 5th Round win
in February 2016
- and Josh King
scored in the 2-2 Premier League draw
in August 2018, also at
- here's a
reminder of the most recent additions to the site:
11 Everton players started the most games together?
- which two players started the most
times together for us?
- what about the Holy Trinity? Or The
1995 FA Cup winning team? Or Dean and Lawton? How many times
- have a look at the new
Starting Line-Ups section' - it's got it all!
was our oldest ever starting line-up? And the youngest?
seasons were our oldest and youngest? Which managers went with
youth and who went wth old codgers?!
it's all here in the new 'Average
Starting Line-Up Ages section'!
- which Everton
player made the most substitute appearances in a single season?!
in all competitions and in the League alone?
- the new 'Most
Sub Apps In One Season' section has the answers!
- which Everton substitute has scored the most goals for us?
- which opposition sub has scored the most against us?
- the new 'Goals
by Substitutes' section will let you know!
- Test cricketers have a small number on their shirt or cap
- it shows where they fit in in terms of the historical chronology
of their country
- now you can see what number every Everton player would wear!
- have a look at the 'Everton
Players Numbered Chronologically' section!
- who's managed the most times against Everton?
- who's managed the most clubs against us?!
- well, there's a new 'Opposition
Managers' section that will tell you everything you need to
- the 'Goals
in Most Consecutive Matches' section has been updated!
- it now includes details of which Everton players have scored
in the most successive home & away games too!
- who was the last Everton man to play 50 or more games in a season?
- who has played the most games in one season?!
- the new '50
or More Appearances in a Season' section will tell you!
- on the flip side, which players only ever managed 1 game for
- find out in the new Just
One Appearance section!
- we used 39 different players
in 2017/18 in all competitions
and 15 of them scored a goal
- is that a lot?! how does it compare to other seasons?
- find out in the new 'Number
of Players Used and Goal Scorers - Season-by-Season' section!
- who was the last Everton player to feature in every game in
- have a look at the new Ever
Presents section to find out!
- and how often have we completed League 'doubles' over our opponents
in the past?
- alternatively, how often have we been on the receiving end of
- you can now find out in the new League
Doubles For and Against section
- ever wondered which Everton player has been substituted the
- well, now you can find out - have a look at the new Subbed
Off section for full, fascinating details!
Richarlison was the last Everton player to score on his
- who else has managed that feat for the club?!
- have a look at the new Scored
on Their Debut section to find out!
- Wayne Rooney has
long departed, of course, but who else has had
2 separate spells at the club?!
- the new Two
or More Spells at Everton section will tell you!
- Jordan Pickford looks like he'll be our keeper for some years
- but who else has appeared for us between the sticks in the past?!
- the new Goalkeepers
section has all the details!
- and don't forget there's also a new History
In Short section too!
- you can see at a glance how many times we've finished in each
position in the League
- and where exactly we've been knocked out of the various cup
- have a peek!
Notable Forthcoming Anniversaries and Milestones
needs 1 more starts to reach 100 for us in all competitions - so
far he's made 99
André Gomes needs 1 more
appearance to reach 50 for us in all competitions - he's
currently made 43 starts + 6 as a sub
needs 2 more starts to reach 250 for us in the Premier League - so
far he's made 248
also needs 2 more
appearances to reach 50 for us in all comps - so far he's
made 41 starts + 7 as a sub
Dates of Birth