THIS IS NOT
Welcome To Yet Another Everton Website!!!
The purpose of this site is to provide a comprehensive record of the results
of all competitive games played by Everton since their formation, together
with details of player appearances and goals.
There are lots of links on the left that break down the information into
different categories (as explained down below) so go ahead and click on
one and see what you get!
The title bar above currently features Howard Kendall and Ted Sagar,
two former Everton legends - one a top midfielder and the most successful
manager in our history, the other one of England's best ever keepers.
Click on their photos to see brief details of their Everton careers and
appearances & goals.
The title bar images will change every so often so that you'll get to
see a whole host of Everton greats throughout the months and years ahead.
Images (and career summaries) of previous weeks' legends can be
seen by clicking the 'Previous Legends' link on the left, where you'll
also find a link to take you to details of the less-than-legendary donkeys
like Claus Thomsen who have 'starred' in the 'Apart From ...' feature!
We Really Don't Like The League Cup, Do We? ...
- ... here's the Round where we've
gone out in the last 9 seasons (most recent first):
- 3-SF-3-3-3-4-3-4-3 - and, to be honest, it's not much better
- but let's interrupt things here to mention exciting book news!
- the second edition of my "Everton: The Official Complete
Record" will be published in October!!
- find out more details on deCoubertin's
website - they are the wonderful publishers
- buy one for yourself, one for each of your friends and one for
every memeber of your family!
- you know it makes sense!
- the defeat to Norwich brought to an end our 7 game unbeaten
run, in all competitions home and away
- and it ended a similar 7 game unbeaten run at Goodison in all
- it also finished our run of 5 successive wins in all competitions,
home and away
- the loss was also our first under Ronald Koeman's managership,
- that means that still no Everton manager has avoided defeat
in his first 7 games in charge of us
- and only 1 other manager in our past has remained unbeaten in
his first 6 games in charge
- that was Roberto Martinez - W3 D3 L0!
- Norwich's win was the 50th
League Cup defeat in our history
- and it brought to an end a 9 match unbeaten run against the
Canaries at Goodison
- and of course, it was a giantkilling defeat!
- our last cup defeat to a lower Division team was also in the
- that was a
2-1 loss at Leeds in 2012
- for Enner Valencia it was his first League Cup appearance for
us - and his first start in any competition
- we've now had 299 different players turn out for us in the League
- and 283 starters in that competition, 867 in all competitions
- and so on to Bournemouth away on September 24th in the Premier
- we've lost on all of our last 3 outings on that date (all away)
- most recently 1-2
at Fulham in the League Cup in 2013
- in fact, we've won 0 of our last 5 games on Sep 24 - W0 D1 L4
(again, they've all been away)
- our last win on that date was a 3-0
League Cup victory over Stockport at Goodison in 2003
- remarkably, we've never actually won away from home on September
- that's a W0 D7 L8 record
- and in our last 11 League games on that date, home and away,
we've also never won - W0 D7 L4!
- our last League win on Sep 24 was a 4-1
home victory against West Ham in 1960
- but we've never lost against Bournemouth! (W5 D1 L0)
- and indeed we've never scored less than 2 goals in all 6 meetings
- F17 A6
- on a pts/game basis our record against them is better than against
anyone we've played more than 5 times!
- our last meeting was our 2-1
home League win in April this year
- our last trip to their place was also a win for us - 2-0
in the FA Cup in February
- of course our last League visit to their ground ended in that
draw in November last year
- if he plays at Bournemouth, it will be Phil Jagielka's 269th
League appearance for the club
- he'd move to 33rd place alone on our All-Time
League Apps list, 1 ahead of Roger Kenyon
- if Leighton Baines starts the match it will be his 270th League
start for us
- he'd be joint 30th with Edgar Chadwick on our All-Time
League Starts chart
- Phil Jagielka will move to equal 34th - with Johnny Morrissey
and Walter Abbott - on 257 if he starts
- if Ross Barkley plays at Bournemouth it will be his 54th successive
appearance in the Premier League!
- that would put him 9th on our 'Most
Consecutive Games in the Prem' chart
- he'd join Nigel Martyn and Kevin Kilbane on that number
- if Romelu Lukaku scores against the Cherries it will be his
66th for us in all competitions
- he'd move level with Tommy White in joint 34th position on our
- Rom would also move on to 48 League goals for the club if he
- that would put him level with Mick Lyons & Trevor Steven
in 41st place on our All-Time
League Scoring chart
- a goal for Kevin Mirallas would be his 27th for the club in
the Premier League
- Kev would then be joint 9th - with Mikel Arteta and Louis Saha
- on our Prem
- a victory at Bournemouth would be our 5th on the run in the
Prem, home and away
- the last time we managed that was in a run of 7 straight League
wins in March/April
- it would also be our 3rd successive away win in the Premier
- that would equal the club record - something we've achieved
4 times in the past
- the last time was also during that run of wins in March/April
- if we avoid defeat at Bournemouth our unbeaten start to the
League season will stretch to 6 games
- the last time we did that was back
in 1978/79 - W4 D2 L0
- Robert Madley will referee the game
- interestingly, his brother - Andy Madley - reffed our last game
- Bobby has refereed us 6 times before and we've lost just once
- W4 D1 L1
- unfortunately the 1 defeat was at
Anfield, 0-4 the last time he took charge of us last April!
- if he sends a player off it will be the first player ever to
be dismissed in an Everton/Bournemouth fixture!
- and if he awards a penalty it will be only the second in an
- the only other one fell to them in last season's FA
Cup tie at their place
- and Joel Robles saved Charlie Daniel's effort!
- a draw with Bournemouth, by the way, would be the 1,300th
draw, at all venues, in our competitive history
- and beware a 2-0 win for us!
- we are currently on a run of 77 League games without a 2-0 victory
- that's since we won by that scoreline at
West Brom in September 2014
- our longest ever run without a 2-0 League win is 78 games from
September 1936 to May 1938 ....
- finally, the Bournemouth match is a Saturday game with a 3.00pm
- home and away, we are unbeaten in our last 6 Sat/3 o'clock games
- W3 D3 L0
- away from home we haven't lost in 8 - W3 D5 L0
- new recruit Ashley Williiams
is our latest Number 5
- why not have a look at all of the previous Evertonians who have
for us as a Number 5
Notable Forthcoming Anniversaries and Milestones
Aaron Lennon needs 2 more appearances to reach 50 for us in
all competitions - so far he's made 37 starts + 11 as a sub
Muhamed Besic also needs 2 more appearances to reach 50 for
us in all competitions - he's made 31 starts + 17 as a sub so
Dates of Birth
Click below for information, erm, about
How Have Everton Performed
Birthday In The Past?
Or On Your Wife's? Or The Cat's?
Click On The Link And Pick A Date!
Appearances, Goals & Clean Sheets
Who Has Played The Most Times For
Who's Scored The Most Goals?
Is Big Dunc Our Most Used Sub Ever?
Click On The Link And Find Out!
When We're Good, We're Good.
When We're Bad, We're Terrible!
What's The Most Goals We've Ever Scored,
Or Conceded, In Any One Match?
Click On The Link To See The Extremes!
Did Over 70,000 People Really Used
And Watch Us At Home?
And What Were Our Smallest Crowds,
Home And Away?
Click On The Link To See The Figures!
Remember 1950-51? We Were
Remember 1984-85? We Were Good!!
Remember 1921-22? Er, No, Thought Not!
Click On The Link And Pick A Season!
Did We Really Once Lose To Glossop?
How Bad Have We Been Against Man Utd
In The Premier League?!
Click On The Link And Pick A Team!
What's Our Best Run Of Victories?
Or Our Worst Run Of Defeats?
What's The Longest We've Gone Without
Defeat? Or Without Winning?
Click On The Link To Reveal The Sequences!
A Whole Variety Of Information!
FA Cup 3rd Round, Opening Day, Christmas,
Easter, Europe, Cup Defeats, Big Matches,
Strange Competitions And More- It's All There!
Click On The Link And Pick A Topic!
About The Site
You are free to copy any of the contents of this website provided that
the use is not for commercial purposes
or for financial gain and that proper acknowledgement is given to Everton
Results. All rights reserved.