THE BLUE ROOM
THIS IS NOT
Welcome To Yet Another Everton Website!!!
The purpose of this site is to provide a comprehensive record of the results
of all competitive games played by Everton since their formation, together
with details of player appearances and goals.
There are lots of links on the left that break down the information into
different categories (as explained down below) so go ahead and click on
one and see what you get!
The title bar above currently features Andrei Kanchelskis and Ray
two former Everton
legends - one
a flying goalscoring winger, one a World Cup winning full-back.
Click on their photos to see brief details of their Everton careers and
appearances & goals.
The title bar images will change every so often so that you'll get to
see a whole host of Everton greats throughout the months and years ahead.
Images (and career summaries) of previous weeks' legends can be
seen by clicking the 'Previous Legends' link on the left, where you'll
also find a link to take you to details of the less-than-legendary donkeys
like Mike Walker who have 'starred' in the 'Apart From ...' feature!
BOING, BOING BAGGIES! ...
... this will be the third time
we have opened a League season by playing Tottenham first and West
2016/17 we drew 1-1 at home to Spurs and then won 2-1 at West
- and in
1984/85 we lost 4-1 at home to Spurs and then
lost 2-1 at West Brom
- oh, and we went on to
win the League!
- this will be our first home game on
September 19th since 2004
- we beat Middlesbrough 1-0 in the
Premier League courtesy of a 47th minute Marcus Bent goal
our last Sep 19 outing was in 2015
- a 0-0 draw at Swansea,
with Kevin Mirallas sent off in the 94th minute, 3 minutes after
coming on as a sub!
- there are some good omens from other
Everton games on this day in the past
- we’ve played
Liverpool three times on September 19th - and we won all
most recent was back in 1964 - a 4-0 win at Anfield!
and in 1984 we drew 0-0 at University College Dublin on September
- that was in the European Cup Winners Cup 1st Round 1st
- it was a low-key start to an ultimately glorious European
- that saw us lift the trophy in Rotterdam in May 1985
after our 3-1 win over Rapid Vienna
- our last meeting with
West Brom came at Goodison in January 2018
- Jay Rodriguez
scored the opener for Alan Pardew’s Baggies on 7 minutes
Oumar Niasse equalised for us 20 minutes from the end
home and away we’ve only lost 1 of our last 11 meetings with West
Brom - W5 D5 L1, all in the Premier League
- that one
defeat was a 1-0 loss at Goodison in February 2016
Rondon scored the winner for a Baggies team managed at that time
by Tony Pulis
- will West Brom score this time round?
if they do, it would be their 100th against us at our place in all
of their visits in all competitions
- we’ve had some
interesting meetings with West Brom in the past - and a lot of
them seem to involve hat-tricks!
- in November 1936, Dixie
Dean scored the last of his 37 hat-tricks for us in our 4-2 home
win against West Brom
- what a record!
- in March 1964,
West Brom’s Micky Fudge scored three goals against us
was in the Baggies 4-2 Division 1 win at the Hawthorns
18 years and 117 days, he is the youngest player ever to score a
hat-trick against Everton!
- in December 1893, Jack
Southworth scored a double hat-trick - 6 goals! - in our 7-1 home
League win against them
- i’s the only time an Everton player
has scored 6 goals in a match!
- we’ve had other notable
meetings with West Brom in the past
- in September 1958,
Walter Fielding scored in our 3-2 Division 1 win at West Brom
he was 38 years and 305 days old at the time and remains our
oldest ever goalscorer!
- in January 1974 we played our
first ever competitive match on a Sunday!
- it was a home FA
Cup 4th Round tie with the Baggies, then in the 2nd tier, that
ended in a 0-0 draw
- 3 days later we lost the replay 1-0 at
- in April 1970, a 2-0 Wednesday night
home win over West Brom saw us crowned as League champions for the
- Alan Whittle and Colin Harvey scored the
- if Seamus Coleman starts the match
against West Brom it will be his 250th start for us in the Premier
- only 5 other Everton players have achieved that
- David Unsworth (271), Leon Osman (295), Phil
Jagielka (303), Leighton Baines (327)
- and, top of the list,
Tim Howard (354)!
- following his header on the opening day
- Dominic Calvert-Lewin is now just one goal
behind Richarlison on our all-time Premier League scoring chart
- Dom has 25 in joint 14th place (level with Wayne Rooney
amongst others!) and Richie is on 26 in 13th position
above them on that list in equal 11th place are Mikel Arteta and
- they each scored 27 goals for us in the Prem!
- top of that list on 68 Premier League goals for Everton is
ex-Baggie Romelu Lukaku!
- can we keep another clean
- if we don’t it
will be our 5th home League game on the run without one
hasn’t happened since a similar run from September to November
- will we be awarded a penalty against West Brom?
- we missed our last one against the Baggies
Mirallas seeing his effort hit the post in a 0-0 draw at Goodison
in January 2015
- however, we’ve scored 18 goals from the
spot on the past against West Brom in all competitions (from 26
- that’s jointly the most we’ve scored against any
- we’ve also netted 18 penalties against Aston
Villa (from 32 awarded) and Chelsea (from 30)
- the match
is of course being televised live in the UK on Sky Sports
win would be our 100th victory, home and away, in live televised
Premier League games on all channels!
- and the game will
be our 16th successive match to be shown live on TV in the UK
that's primarily due to the Covid-19 pandemic, of course
prior to this run our longest live televised run was 6 games in
- and we finally get to play on a
- before this game we’d played 14 successive
matches on a day other than Saturday!
- that was the first
time that happened in our history!
- the previous longest run
was 10 consecutive non-Saturday games in February/March 2015
- it’s good news too because we’re unbeaten in our last 7
Saturday matches, home and away - W5 D2 L0!
- the last one was
our 3-1 home Premier League victory over Crystal Palace back in
February this year
- here's a
reminder of the most recent additions to the site:
11 Everton players started the most games together?
- which two players started the most
times together for us?
- what about the Holy Trinity? Or The
1995 FA Cup winning team? Or Dean and Lawton? How many times
- have a look at the new
Starting Line-Ups section' - it's got it all!
was our oldest ever starting line-up? And the youngest?
seasons were our oldest and youngest? Which managers went with
youth and who went wth old codgers?!
it's all here in the new 'Average
Starting Line-Up Ages section'!
- which Everton
player made the most substitute appearances in a single season?!
in all competitions and in the League alone?
- the new 'Most
Sub Apps In One Season' section has the answers!
- which Everton substitute has scored the most goals for us?
- which opposition sub has scored the most against us?
- the new 'Goals
by Substitutes' section will let you know!
- Test cricketers have a small number on their shirt or cap
- it shows where they fit in in terms of the historical chronology
of their country
- now you can see what number every Everton player would wear!
- have a look at the 'Everton
Players Numbered Chronologically' section!
- who's managed the most times against Everton?
- who's managed the most clubs against us?!
- well, there's a new 'Opposition
Managers' section that will tell you everything you need to
- the 'Goals
in Most Consecutive Matches' section has been updated!
- it now includes details of which Everton players have scored
in the most successive home & away games too!
- who was the last Everton man to play 50 or more games in a season?
- who has played the most games in one season?!
- the new '50
or More Appearances in a Season' section will tell you!
- on the flip side, which players only ever managed 1 game for
- find out in the new Just
One Appearance section!
- we used 39 different players
in 2017/18 in all competitions
and 15 of them scored a goal
- is that a lot?! how does it compare to other seasons?
- find out in the new 'Number
of Players Used and Goal Scorers - Season-by-Season' section!
- who was the last Everton player to feature in every game in
- have a look at the new Ever
Presents section to find out!
- and how often have we completed League 'doubles' over our opponents
in the past?
- alternatively, how often have we been on the receiving end of
- you can now find out in the new League
Doubles For and Against section
- ever wondered which Everton player has been substituted the
- well, now you can find out - have a look at the new Subbed
Off section for full, fascinating details!
Richarlison was the last Everton player to score on his
- who else has managed that feat for the club?!
- have a look at the new Scored
on Their Debut section to find out!
- Wayne Rooney has
long departed, of course, but who else has had
2 separate spells at the club?!
- the new Two
or More Spells at Everton section will tell you!
- Jordan Pickford looks like he'll be our keeper for some years
- but who else has appeared for us between the sticks in the past?!
- the new Goalkeepers
section has all the details!
- and don't forget there's also a new History
In Short section too!
- you can see at a glance how many times we've finished in each
position in the League
- and where exactly we've been knocked out of the various cup
- have a peek!
Notable Forthcoming Anniversaries and Milestones
needs 1 more start to reach 250 for us in the Premier League - so
far he's on 249
Yerry Mina needs 1 more
appearance to reach 50 for us in all comps - so far he's
made 42 starts + 7 as a sub
Dates of Birth
Click below for information, erm, about
How Have Everton Performed
Birthday In The Past?
Or On Your Wife's? Or The Cat's?
Click On The Link And Pick A Date!
Appearances, Goals & Clean Sheets
Who Has Played The Most Times For
Who's Scored The Most Goals?
Is Big Dunc Our Most Used Sub Ever?
Click On The Link And Find Out!
When We're Good, We're Good.
When We're Bad, We're Terrible!
What's The Most Goals We've Ever Scored,
Or Conceded, In Any One Match?
Click On The Link To See The Extremes!
Did Over 70,000 People Really Used
And Watch Us At Home?
And What Were Our Smallest Crowds,
Home And Away?
Click On The Link To See The Figures!
Remember 1950-51? We Were
Remember 1984-85? We Were Good!!
Remember 1921-22? Er, No, Thought Not!
Click On The Link And Pick A Season!
Did We Really Once Lose To Glossop?
How Bad Have We Been Against Man Utd
In The Premier League?!
Click On The Link And Pick A Team!
What's Our Best Run Of Victories?
Or Our Worst Run Of Defeats?
What's The Longest We've Gone Without
Defeat? Or Without Winning?
Click On The Link To Reveal The Sequences!
A Whole Variety Of Information!
FA Cup 3rd Round, Opening Day, Christmas,
Easter, Europe, Cup Defeats, Big Matches,
Strange Competitions And More- It's All There!
Click On The Link And Pick A Topic!
About The Site
You are free to copy any of the contents of this website provided that
the use is not for commercial purposes
or for financial gain and that proper acknowledgement is given to Everton
Results. All rights reserved.