THE BLUE ROOM
THIS IS NOT
Welcome To Yet Another Everton Website!!!
The purpose of this site is to provide a comprehensive record of the results
of all competitive games played by Everton since their formation, together
with details of player appearances and goals.
There are lots of links on the left that break down the information into
different categories (as explained down below) so go ahead and click on
one and see what you get!
The title bar above currently features Graeme Sharp and Peter Farrell,
two former Everton legends - one
a double title winner, one an inspirational captain.
Click on their photos to see brief details of their Everton careers and
appearances & goals.
The title bar images will change every so often so that you'll get to
see a whole host of Everton greats throughout the months and years ahead.
Images (and career summaries) of previous weeks' legends can be
seen by clicking the 'Previous Legends' link on the left, where you'll
also find a link to take you to details of the less-than-legendary donkeys
like Mike Walker who have 'starred' in the 'Apart From ...' feature!
WE'RE BACK! ...
... brimming with optimism, chockful
of hope, overflowing with expectation
- well, maybe not - but off we go anyway!
- a new manager too
- Marco Silva is our 19th
'proper' managerial appointment
- made up of 17 different men (Howard Kendall had 3 goes at it
- our last permanent manager to lose his first match in charge
was Howard Kendall
- that was in his 3rd spell in charge - a 2-1 home defeat by Crystal
Palace in August 1997
- good luck Marco, la!
- we've only played twice before on August
11th, winning once and losing once
- the win was our last outing on that date - 2-1
against Wigan in the 2007 season opener
- the loss was in our first ever August 11 game - 0-3
at Aston Villa in 1999
- the match will be our first meeting with Wolves since May 2012
- that was a 0-0
draw at Molineux as Wolves slipped into the 2nd tier
- it was the latest in a 6 game unbeaten run against them, home
and away - W2 D4 L0
- indeed, we've only lost once in our last 10 encounters, in all
competitions - W5 D4 L1
- at their place we haven't lost in our last 3 trips - W1 D2 L0
- our last win at Molineux was a 3-0
victory in April 2011
- our last defeat there was back in May 2004 - a 2-1
loss in Leon Osman's full debut - and he scored!
- if he starts the game it will be Phil Jagielka's 300th Premier
League start for the club
- he'll be the 3rd
Everton player to reach that milestone after Tim Howard (354)
and Leighton Baines (318)
- on our full
League starts list Jags will be the 22nd player to start 300
League games for us
- if he does play, Phil will become the
26th oldest EFC player (the 25th in the League) at 35 years
& 359 days
- if Seamus Coleman plays at Wolves it will be his 260th appearance
for us in all competitions
- that would put him joint 57th with 1920's winger Alec Troup
all-time appearances chart
- if Leighton Baines plays it will be his 335th League appearance
for the club
- he'll be in joint 16th place with the legendary Gordon West
all-time League appearances list
- if he starts, it will be Leighton's 283rd start for us in all
- he'd join Colin Harvey in joint 17th place on our
all-time Starts list
- in terms of Everton players' careers, Leighton's will stretch
to 10 years & 351 days if he plays at Wolves
- and if Phil Jagielka plays his will be 10 years & 362 days
- they would be the 28th
and 29th longest playing careers in the club's history
- if we win at Wolves it will be our 600th
away win in the Top Flight (in our 2,241th Top Flight away
- a victory would also be our 1,900th home and away in our League
- the match is, of course, the opening game of the season
- we've lost 0 of the last 6 opening League games, home and away
- W2 D4 L0
- our last opening day League defeat was back in 2011 - a 1-0
home loss to Q.P.R.
- last season, you may remember, Wayne Rooney scored the only
goal on his Everton League re-debut
- that was in our 1-0
win against Stoke
- however, we've won 0 of our last 4 away opening League
games - W0 D2 L2
- the last one was a 2-2
draw at Leicester in 2014
- the last time we won away in our League opener was in 2001 -
- the match is live on TV in the UK on BT Sport
- we're unbeaten in our last 3 live
TV games, home and away - W1 D2 L0
- that follows a run of 7 straight live TV defeats!
- away from home we have a terrible recent record in League games
shown live on UK TV
- we've won 0 of the last 17 - W0 D4 L13!
- our last away League win live on UK TV was at Sunderland
in September 2016, courtesy of a Romelu Lukaku hat-trick
- a missed
penalty in the match, by either side, would be the 150th missed
in all of our away League games
- if Wolves miss one it will be the 100th missed by our opponents
in all of our away League matches!
- the match is a 5.30 kick-off, which is not a good omen for us!
- in our last 8 games, home & away, starting at that time
our record is W0 D1 L7!
- just away from home, we've lost all of our last 6 matches with
a 5.30pm kick-off!
- in the last 18 in the League our record is W2 D4 L12
- and the match will be refereed by Craig Pawson
- he's taken charge of 10 previous Everton games - all in the
League - and we've won just one!
- that was 3-0 at
home to Newcastle in February 2016
- the full record is W1 D5 L4 - and away from Goodison it is W0
- the last one was our
0-4 Wembley thumping by Tottenham last January
- yikes again!
- a reminder of some newer sections on the site!
- Test cricketers have a small number on their shirt or cap
- it shows where they fit in in terms of the historical chronology
of their country
- now you can see what number every Everton player would wear!
- have a look at the 'Everton
Players Numbered Chronologically' section!
- who's managed the most times against Everton?
- who's managed the most clubs against us?!
- well, there's a new 'Opposition
Managers' section that will tell you everything you need to
- the 'Goals
in Most Consecutive Matches' section has been updated!
- it now includes details of which Everton players have scored
in the most successive home & away games too!
- who was the last Everton man to play 50 or more games in a season?
- who has played the most games in one season?!
- the new '50
or More Appearances in a Season' section will tell you!
- on the flip side, which players only ever managed 1 game for
- find out in the new Just
One Appearance section!
- we used 39 different players last season in all competitions
and 15 of them scored a goal
- is that a lot?! how does it compare to other seasons?
- find out in the new 'Number
of Players Used and Goal Scorers - Season-by-Season' section!
- who was the last Everton player to feature in every game in
- have a look at the new Ever
Presents section to find out!
- and how often have we completed League 'doubles' over our opponents
in the past?
- alternatively, how often have we been on the receiving end of
- you can now find out in the new League
Doubles For and Against section
- ever wondered which Everton player has been substituted the
- well, now you can find out - have a look at the new Subbed
Off section for full, fascinating details!
- Ademola Lookman was the last Everton player to score on his
- who else has managed that feat for the club?!
- have a look at the new Scored
on Their Debut section to find out!
- Wayne Rooney has now departed, of course, but who else has had
2 separate spells at the club?!
- the new Two
or More Spells at Everton section will tell you!
- Jordan Pickford looks like he'll be our keeper for some years
- but who else has appeared for us between the sticks in the past?!
- the new Goalkeepers
section has all the details!
- and don't forget there's also a new History
In Short section too!
- you can see at a glance how many times we've finished in each
position in the League
- and where exactly we've been knocked out of the various cup
- have a peek!
Notable Forthcoming Anniversaries and Milestones
Seamus Coleman needs 1 more start to reach 200 for
us in the League - so far he's on 199
Dates of Birth
Click below for information, erm, about
How Have Everton Performed
Birthday In The Past?
Or On Your Wife's? Or The Cat's?
Click On The Link And Pick A Date!
Appearances, Goals & Clean Sheets
Who Has Played The Most Times For
Who's Scored The Most Goals?
Is Big Dunc Our Most Used Sub Ever?
Click On The Link And Find Out!
When We're Good, We're Good.
When We're Bad, We're Terrible!
What's The Most Goals We've Ever Scored,
Or Conceded, In Any One Match?
Click On The Link To See The Extremes!
Did Over 70,000 People Really Used
And Watch Us At Home?
And What Were Our Smallest Crowds,
Home And Away?
Click On The Link To See The Figures!
Remember 1950-51? We Were
Remember 1984-85? We Were Good!!
Remember 1921-22? Er, No, Thought Not!
Click On The Link And Pick A Season!
Did We Really Once Lose To Glossop?
How Bad Have We Been Against Man Utd
In The Premier League?!
Click On The Link And Pick A Team!
What's Our Best Run Of Victories?
Or Our Worst Run Of Defeats?
What's The Longest We've Gone Without
Defeat? Or Without Winning?
Click On The Link To Reveal The Sequences!
A Whole Variety Of Information!
FA Cup 3rd Round, Opening Day, Christmas,
Easter, Europe, Cup Defeats, Big Matches,
Strange Competitions And More- It's All There!
Click On The Link And Pick A Topic!
About The Site
You are free to copy any of the contents of this website provided that
the use is not for commercial purposes
or for financial gain and that proper acknowledgement is given to Everton
Results. All rights reserved.