THE BLUE ROOM
THIS IS NOT
Welcome To Yet Another Everton Website!!!
The purpose of this site is to provide a comprehensive record of the results
of all competitive games played by Everton since their formation, together
with details of player appearances and goals.
There are lots of links on the left that break down the information into
different categories (as explained down below) so go ahead and click on
one and see what you get!
The title bar above currently features Andrei Kanchelskis and Ray
two former Everton
legends - one
a flying goalscoring winger, one a World Cup winning full-back.
Click on their photos to see brief details of their Everton careers and
appearances & goals.
The title bar images will change every so often so that you'll get to
see a whole host of Everton greats throughout the months and years ahead.
Images (and career summaries) of previous weeks' legends can be
seen by clicking the 'Previous Legends' link on the left, where you'll
also find a link to take you to details of the less-than-legendary donkeys
like Mike Walker who have 'starred' in the 'Apart From ...' feature!
CAN WE FINALLY WIN AT ARSENAL FOR THE FIRST TIME IN
ABOUT 500 YEARS?!
Births on April 23rd
- 1988 - Victor
Anichebe, enigmatic forward who made more sub appearances for us
(95 in all comps!) than anyone
on April 23rd
- we won on our most recent
April 23rd outing - 1-0 at home to Newcastle in 2018
Walcott scored the only goal
- away from home we haven’t
won on this date since 1958, 1-0 at Blackpool!
- we’ve had
some notable other games on this date in the past
- 5 years
ago in 2016 brought Wembley heartbreak
- Anthony Martial’s
injury-time winner saw Man Utd beat us 2-1 in the FA Cup
- 55 years ago in 1966
- Colin Harvey scored
the FA Cup Semi-Final winner as we beat Man Utd 1-0 in Bolton
- 1977 – heartbreak in the FA Cup Semi-Final at Maine Road
- Clive Thomas inexplicably disallowed Bryan Hamilton’s late
‘winner’ against Liverpool
- and we had to settle for a 2-2
Previous Meetings With Arsenal
- we won the last time we played Arsenal – 2-1 at Goodison
in December 2020
- our goals came from a Rob Holding own goal
and one from Yerry Mina
- they were either side of a Nicolas
Pépé penalty with all the goals coming in the first half
a win this time would give us our 11th League double over the
Gunners and our first since 1985/86!
- that’s primarily
because we have such an appalling record at their ground!
we’ve lost 7 on the run there (6 in the League) and haven’t won
away at Arsenal since January 1996
- Graham Stuart and Andrei
Kanchelskis scored our goals that day in a 2-1 victory
Wright had opened the scoring for the Gunners
- since then
our record in 26 visits in all competitions is W0 D4 L22!
last season we went down 3-2 with Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang
grabbing a brace for the Gunners
- oh, and in our last 7
trips to the Emirates in all competitions we’ve conceded 21 goals!
- our full Premier League record away at Arsenal is W1 D5 L22
- on a points-per-game basis (0.29) it’s our worst record against
any other Premier League opposition!
- indeed, we have a
worse points-per-game record against Arsenal in all comps, at all
- than against any other club that we’ve played more
than 4 times!
- (using a notional 3 pts per win and 1 pt
per draw across all comps)
- oh, and this will be our
100th League game at Arsenal and our 200th against them home and
- we’ve only met Aston Villa and Liverpool more times in
- we’ve had some notable games at their place
in the past
- Dec 24 1927 – ‘Dixie’ Dean bags a goal in our
3-2 League defeat at Arsenal
- it’s the 9th successive away
game, all in the League, in which he’s scored – a club record
- Feb 21 1956 – a 3-2 defeat at Arsenal is Cliff Britton’s
last match as manager
- Feb 24 1988 – Arsenal complete a
4-1 aggregate League Cup Semi-Final victory over us with a 3-1 win
- Mar 21 1925 – Dixie Dean makes his debut in a
3-1 defeat at Arsenal
- May 11 2005 – the 7-0 defeat at
Arsenal was the last time we conceded 7 in a match
- and it
equalled our biggest ever losing margin
- May 21 2017 –
Romelu Lukaku’s penalty in our 3-1 defeat at Arsenal is his 68th
and final Premier League goal for us
- he’s the club record
Keeping Up Appearances (well, just
- will Dominic Calvert-Lewin
- if he nets against the Gunners it will be his
52nd for us in all competitions
- one more than Super Kevin
- Dom would be 46th place alone on our
- if Richarlison scores he will join David
Unsworth on 33 Premier League goals for us
- they'd be in joint
7th position on our all-time Prem scoring chart!
- a win at the Emirates would be our
10th away victory in the League this season
- the last time we
managed that many was in 1986/87 (also 10) when we won the League!
- a draw at Arsenal would be our 4th in succession in all
competitions, home and away
- that hasn’t happened since a
similar run in January 2015
- just in the Premier League,
another draw would equal our longest ever run of 4 successive
- something that’s happened four times in the past - most
recently in October/November 2012
- if we don’t beat
Arsenal it will take our sequence without a win to 7 games in all
- our worst since a similar run in December
- if we fail to score at Arsenal that
would be our 3rd away game on the run without a goal
- the last
time that happened in all competitions was August/September 2017
- just in the Prem, it hasn’t happened since February/March
- will there be a penalty at the Emirates!
- if we
score one, it will be our 100th spot-kick success in all of our
Premier League matches, home and away
- so far we’ve scored 99
from 131 taken
- a successful penalty at Arsenal would also
be the 800th for all teams in our entire history in all
- currently 799 have reached the target from
- and will there be a sending-off?
there is one, it will be the 100th dismissal (for all sides) in
all of our away Premier League games!
- the match is course
a Friday game
- our record in our last 8 away Friday matches in
all competitions? W1 D1 L6!
- and we’ve only ever played 2
Friday away games with an 8.00pm kick-off – W0 D1 L1
- the most
recent was a 2-0 defeat at Aston Villa in August 2019
and it will be the 100th League game we’ve ever played on a
Friday, home and away!
- our current Friday League record is
W43 D27 L29
- here's a
reminder of the most recent additions to the site:
was Everton's number 23 in 2005/06?
- how many outfield players
have worn the number 13 shirt for us?!
- what's the highest
number ever sported by an Everton player?
- all your squad number
questions can now be answered wth the help of the new 'Squad
11 Everton players started the most games together?
- which two players started the most
times together for us?
- what about the Holy Trinity? Or The
1995 FA Cup winning team? Or Dean and Lawton? How many times
- have a look at the new
Starting Line-Ups section' - it's got it all!
was our oldest ever starting line-up? And the youngest?
seasons were our oldest and youngest? Which managers went with
youth and who went wth old codgers?!
it's all here in the new 'Average
Starting Line-Up Ages section'!
- which Everton
player made the most substitute appearances in a single season?!
in all competitions and in the League alone?
- the new 'Most
Sub Apps In One Season' section has the answers!
- which Everton substitute has scored the most goals for us?
- which opposition sub has scored the most against us?
- the new 'Goals
by Substitutes' section will let you know!
- Test cricketers have a small number on their shirt or cap
- it shows where they fit in in terms of the historical chronology
of their country
- now you can see what number every Everton player would wear!
- have a look at the 'Everton
Players Numbered Chronologically' section!
- who's managed the most times against Everton?
- who's managed the most clubs against us?!
- well, there's a new 'Opposition
Managers' section that will tell you everything you need to
- the 'Goals
in Most Consecutive Matches' section has been updated!
- it now includes details of which Everton players have scored
in the most successive home & away games too!
- who was the last Everton man to play 50 or more games in a season?
- who has played the most games in one season?!
- the new '50
or More Appearances in a Season' section will tell you!
- on the flip side, which players only ever managed 1 game for
- find out in the new Just
One Appearance section!
- we used 39 different players
in 2017/18 in all competitions
and 15 of them scored a goal
- is that a lot?! how does it compare to other seasons?
- find out in the new 'Number
of Players Used and Goal Scorers - Season-by-Season' section!
- who was the last Everton player to feature in every game in
- have a look at the new Ever
Presents section to find out!
- and how often have we completed League 'doubles' over our opponents
in the past?
- alternatively, how often have we been on the receiving end of
- you can now find out in the new League
Doubles For and Against section
- ever wondered which Everton player has been substituted the
- well, now you can find out - have a look at the new Subbed
Off section for full, fascinating details!
Richarlison was the last Everton player to score on his
- who else has managed that feat for the club?!
- have a look at the new Scored
on Their Debut section to find out!
- Wayne Rooney has
long departed, of course, but who else has had
2 separate spells at the club?!
- the new Two
or More Spells at Everton section will tell you!
- Jordan Pickford looks like he'll be our keeper for some years
- but who else has appeared for us between the sticks in the past?!
- the new Goalkeepers
section has all the details!
- and don't forget there's also a new History
In Short section too!
- you can see at a glance how many times we've finished in each
position in the League
- and where exactly we've been knocked out of the various cup
- have a peek!
Notable Forthcoming Anniversaries and Milestones
needs 1 more start to reach 50 for us in all comps - he's on
49 at the moment
needs 1 more appearance to reach 150 for us in all comps -
he's made 124 starts + 25 as a sub so far
needs 2 more appearances to reach 100 for us in the Prem - so
far he's on 94 + 4 as a sub
Dates of Birth
Click below for information, erm, about
How Have Everton Performed
Birthday In The Past?
Or On Your Wife's? Or The Cat's?
Click On The Link And Pick A Date!
Appearances, Goals & Clean Sheets
Who Has Played The Most Times For
Who's Scored The Most Goals?
Is Big Dunc Our Most Used Sub Ever?
Click On The Link And Find Out!
When We're Good, We're Good.
When We're Bad, We're Terrible!
What's The Most Goals We've Ever Scored,
Or Conceded, In Any One Match?
Click On The Link To See The Extremes!
Did Over 70,000 People Really Used
And Watch Us At Home?
And What Were Our Smallest Crowds,
Home And Away?
Click On The Link To See The Figures!
Remember 1950-51? We Were
Remember 1984-85? We Were Good!!
Remember 1921-22? Er, No, Thought Not!
Click On The Link And Pick A Season!
Did We Really Once Lose To Glossop?
How Bad Have We Been Against Man Utd
In The Premier League?!
Click On The Link And Pick A Team!
What's Our Best Run Of Victories?
Or Our Worst Run Of Defeats?
What's The Longest We've Gone Without
Defeat? Or Without Winning?
Click On The Link To Reveal The Sequences!
A Whole Variety Of Information!
FA Cup 3rd Round, Opening Day, Christmas,
Easter, Europe, Cup Defeats, Big Matches,
Strange Competitions And More- It's All There!
Click On The Link And Pick A Topic!
About The Site
You are free to copy any of the contents of this website provided that
the use is not for commercial purposes
or for financial gain and that proper acknowledgement is given to Everton
Results. All rights reserved.