THE BLUE ROOM
THIS IS NOT
Welcome To Yet Another Everton Website!!!
The purpose of this site is to provide a comprehensive record of the results
of all competitive games played by Everton since their formation, together
with details of player appearances and goals.
There are lots of links on the left that break down the information into
different categories (as explained down below) so go ahead and click on
one and see what you get!
The title bar above currently features Kevin Ratcliffe and Warney Cresswell,
two former Everton legends - both captains, both cultured defenders, both
double title winners, both FA Cup winners.
Click on their photos to see brief details of their Everton careers and
appearances & goals.
The title bar images will change every so often so that you'll get to
see a whole host of Everton greats throughout the months and years ahead.
Images (and career summaries) of previous weeks' legends can be
seen by clicking the 'Previous Legends' link on the left, where you'll
also find a link to take you to details of the less-than-legendary donkeys
like Mike Walker who have 'starred' in the 'Apart From ...' feature!
A COMPREHENSIVE VICTORY OVER THE ALBION ...
- ...in the 2,300th
home game in our League history and the 4,600th in total!
- our record so far in those 4,600 games is W1882 D1159 L1559
- F7262 A6395
- the win was our 5th in a row at home in the League
- we haven't done that since a 7-game winning run ending
in April 2014!
- and we've now moved on to 47 points in the League so far this
- that's the same as we managed in each
of the last 2 seasons!
- our opening goal against the Baggies was our 50th in all competitions
- and the Dutchman is now back up to 3rd place on our Managers'
- that first goal was also our 250th in the League, home and away,
against West Brom
- and it ended a Goodison drought against them
- their last 3 visits had produced these scorelines: 0-1, 0-0
- oh, and we like kicking-off our home League games at 3.00pm!
- in our last 10 home League games kicking off at that time our
record is now W7 D3 L0!
- 8 of those games were on a Saturday, 1 on a Sunday and 1 on
- congratulations to Morgan Schneiderlin on his first goal for
- he's the 511th different player to score for us (not including
- and he's the 502nd in the League, the 128th in the Premier League
- and he's the first Everton player wearing shirt number 2 to
score for us since Sep 2003!
- that was Steve Watson, who hit a hat-trick in our 4-0
home win against Leeds!
- since Steve left the club, our number 2 shirt had been occupied
by a certain goalless Tony Hibbert!
(and, on 2 occasions, by Per Kroldrup!!)
- Phil Jagielka's return to the side was his 280th League game
for the club
- he's now 28th alone on our All-Time
League Apps chart, 1 ahead of 1910s/20s winger Sam Chedgzoy
- for Leighton Baines it was his 302nd Premier League game for
- he's joined David Unsworth in joint 3rd place on our All-Time
Premier League Apps chart!
- only Tim Howard (354) and Leon Osman (352) have played more!
- Romelu Lukaku, by the way, has joined Victor Anichebe on 131
Prem appearances for the club!
- their respective goalscoring records are slightly different
- Victor: 131 (58+73) games - 17 goals; Romelu: 131 (123+8) games
- 62 goals
- and substitute Ramiro Funes Mori made his 50th Prem appearance
- he's the 85th player to reach that particular Everton milestone
- Leighton Baines's start against West Brom was his 343rd
start for us in all competitions
- that puts him 22nd alone on our All-Time
Starts chart, 1 ahead of Jack Sharp
- on to the goals
- Romelu Lukaku's strike against the Baggies was his 81st for
us in all competitions
- he's now joint 20th on our All-Time
Scoring chart, level with legendary 1890s/1900s skipper Jack
- it was also be his 62nd for us in the League
- he's moved to 31st place alone on our All-Time
League Scoring chart, 1 ahead of 1890s winger Alex Latta
- and it also means that Rom has scored 19 League goals this season
- that's 1 more than his Prem total last season
- and it's the best for us in the League by anyone since Lineker
(30) & Sharp (19) in 1985/86!
- in all competitions this season, Rom has now reached 20 goals
for us for the 3rd campaign in a row
- the last player to do that for us was Bob Latchford in 1976/77,
- and Rom has also now scored in 6 successive home games for us
in all comps
- he's the first Everton player to manage that since Adrian Heath
- still on the goals front, Kevin Mirallas has now scored 29 times
in the Premier League for Everton
- he's up to joint 7th (with Paul Rideout) on our Premier
League Scoring chart
- Rom, of course, tops that list with 62 goals now!
- at the other end of the pitch, another clean sheet for Joel
Robles was his 141⁄2th for us
in the League
- see our Most
League Clean Sheets chart for where he got that 1⁄2
- Joel has moved into 22nd place on that list
- and so on to Hull at home on March 18th!
- we've never played Hull before in a March 18 game
- but we have won on each of our last 4 outings on that date!
- the most recent one was a 1-0
home win against Arsenal in 2007
- a last minute goal from Andy Johnson did the trick that day!
- overall we've played 9 games before at Goodison on March 18th
- and we have an impressive record of W7 D1 L1
- even the infamous Bernie Wright manged to score on this date,
one of just 2 goals he notched for the club!
- it came in a 1-1
draw at Sheff Utd in 1972
- our most important March 18th game came back in 1933
- goals from Jimmy Dunn and Ted Critchley helped us to a 2-1
FA Cup Semi win v. West Ham at Molineux
- just over a month later we defeated Man
City 3-0 in the Final at the old Wembley Stadium
- surprisingly perhaps, we've failed to beat Hull in any of our
3 most recent meetings - W0 D2 L1
- the last one was the 2-2
draw at their place at the end of last December
- the last Goodison encounter between the teams was in December
- Romelu Lukaku scored our goal in a
- that was 1 of just 9 previous meetings in all competitions between
the clubs at our place
- our record in those games is W6 D2 L1
- the solitary loss (0-2) came way back in
August 1952 in a Division 2 encounter!
- if Leighton Baines plays in the match it will be his 303rd Premier
League game for Everton
- that will be 1 more than David Unsworth managed
- Bainesy would move into 3rd place alone on our All-Time
Prem Appearances chart
- he'd be behind just Tim Howard (354) and Leon Osman (352)
- if Ross Barkley plays he'll join Marouane Fellaini on 141 Prem
games for the club
- they'd be level in 23rd place on that chart
- Fellaini has 5 more Prem goals for us than Ross at the moment,
by the way - 25 v. 20
- if Ross is taken off against Hull it will be the 50th time he's
been subbed in an EFC League game
- that would put him level in 4th place with Steven Pienaar on
Subbed Off in League Games' chart!
- Gareth Barry will be 36 years and 23 days old on the day of
the Hull game
- if he plays he will move ahead of Phil Neville
- and become the 22nd
oldest player ever to appear in a League game for us!
- can Romelu Lukaku score again?!
- if he does it will be his 20th League goal for us this season
- and nobody has scored that many since Gary Lineker's 30 in the
old Division 1 back in 1985/86
- if he does score, it will be Rom's 82nd goal for us in all competitions
- he'd be level with 1940s/50s winger Tommy Eglington in 19th
place on our All-Time
- in the League 1 goal would be Romelu's 63rd for the club
- he'd join 1900s goal-machine Bert Freeman in 30th position on
League Scoring chart
- a goal for Rom will also mean he will have scored in 7 games
in a row at Goodison in all competitions
- the last person to manage that for us was Bob Latchford from
1977 - January 1978
- our record is goals in 12 successive Goodison games
- who by? Who else - Dixie Dean! - from October
1930 - February 1931
- and if we manage to get 3 goals against Hull we'll be up to
50 under Ronald
Koeman in the League!
- at the other end of the pitch, a clean sheet for Joel Robles
would be his 151⁄2th for us in
- Joel would move into 20th place on our Most
League Clean Sheets chart above Jim Arnold & Richard Wright!
- Joel would also leapfrog Wright on our Most
Premier League Clean Sheets chart
- he'd be up to 6th place on that chart
- a win against Hull would be our 6th in succession at home in
- that's something we haven't achieved since a run of 7 home League
in April 2014
- and if we avoid defeat to Hull we'll overtake our Prem points
totals from each of the last 2 seasons
- we achieved 47 in 2014/15 and 2015/16 - and we are currently
that same figure
- a penalty goal against Hull would be our 300th
successful spot-kick in all of our home games ever!
- our current home record from 12 yards is: Scored 299, Missed
or Saved 126!
- and if Leighton Baines nets a penalty against Hull it will be
his 24th spot-kick success for us
- he'd then move out on his own at the top of our 'Most
Penalties Scored ' chart
- he's currently level on 23 (from 26 taken) with David Unsworth
(also from 26) and Trevor Steven (from 29)
- and will a Hull player be red-carded?
- if he does it will be the 50th
opponent to be sent-off in a Premier League game at Goodison!
- oh, and don't forget, the match kicks-off at 3.00pm
- in our last 10 home League games kicking off at that time our
record is W7 D3 L0!
- there are some new sections on the website!
- ever wondered which Everton player has been substituted the
- well, now you can find out - have a look at the new Subbed
Off section for full, fascinating details!
- Ademola Lookman scored on his Everton debut earlier this season
- who else has managed that feat for the club?!
- have a look at the new Scored
on Their Debut section to find out!
- and don't forget there's also a new History
In Short section too!
- you can see at a glance how many times we've finished in each
position in the League
- and where exactly we've been knocked out of the various cup
- have a peek!
- and new recruit Ashley Williiams is our latest Number 5
- so why not have a look at all of the previous Evertonians who
for us as a Number 5?!
Notable Forthcoming Anniversaries and Milestones
Muhamed Besic needs 2 more appearances to
reach 50 for us in all competitions - he's made 31 starts + 17
as a sub so far
Dates of Birth
Click below for information, erm, about
How Have Everton Performed
Birthday In The Past?
Or On Your Wife's? Or The Cat's?
Click On The Link And Pick A Date!
Appearances, Goals & Clean Sheets
Who Has Played The Most Times For
Who's Scored The Most Goals?
Is Big Dunc Our Most Used Sub Ever?
Click On The Link And Find Out!
When We're Good, We're Good.
When We're Bad, We're Terrible!
What's The Most Goals We've Ever Scored,
Or Conceded, In Any One Match?
Click On The Link To See The Extremes!
Did Over 70,000 People Really Used
And Watch Us At Home?
And What Were Our Smallest Crowds,
Home And Away?
Click On The Link To See The Figures!
Remember 1950-51? We Were
Remember 1984-85? We Were Good!!
Remember 1921-22? Er, No, Thought Not!
Click On The Link And Pick A Season!
Did We Really Once Lose To Glossop?
How Bad Have We Been Against Man Utd
In The Premier League?!
Click On The Link And Pick A Team!
What's Our Best Run Of Victories?
Or Our Worst Run Of Defeats?
What's The Longest We've Gone Without
Defeat? Or Without Winning?
Click On The Link To Reveal The Sequences!
A Whole Variety Of Information!
FA Cup 3rd Round, Opening Day, Christmas,
Easter, Europe, Cup Defeats, Big Matches,
Strange Competitions And More- It's All There!
Click On The Link And Pick A Topic!
About The Site
You are free to copy any of the contents of this website provided that
the use is not for commercial purposes
or for financial gain and that proper acknowledgement is given to Everton
Results. All rights reserved.