THE BLUE ROOM
THIS IS NOT
Welcome To Yet Another Everton Website!!!
The purpose of this site is to provide a comprehensive record of the results
of all competitive games played by Everton since their formation, together
with details of player appearances and goals.
There are lots of links on the left that break down the information into
different categories (as explained down below) so go ahead and click on
one and see what you get!
The title bar above currently features Kevin Ratcliffe and Warney Cresswell,
two former Everton legends - both captains, both cultured defenders, both
double title winners, both FA Cup winners.
Click on their photos to see brief details of their Everton careers and
appearances & goals.
The title bar images will change every so often so that you'll get to
see a whole host of Everton greats throughout the months and years ahead.
Images (and career summaries) of previous weeks' legends can be
seen by clicking the 'Previous Legends' link on the left, where you'll
also find a link to take you to details of the less-than-legendary donkeys
like Mike Walker who have 'starred' in the 'Apart From ...' feature!
THREE SUCCESSIVE 1-0 WINS TO START THE SEASON AIN'T THAT
- ... the last time we won 3 games
on the run without conceding a goal was back in September
- the middle game in that run was a 1-0 home win against Stoke,
- the last time we won 3 games in a row, all with a 1-0 scoreline
was in January
- that run comprised victories over Portsmouth (away) and then
Millwall (FA Cup) and Arsenal at home
- we've only once before started a season with 3 clean sheets
- that was in 1912/13
- that time round we won 2-0 at Spurs, drew 0-0 at Middlesbrough
and won 4-0 against Notts County
- but we've never, ever won our first 3 games of the season before
with 3 clean sheets!
- oh, and we've also now scored exactly 1 goal in each of our
last 5 games!
- that's the first 3 games of this season
- plus the 1-0 win v Watford and the 3-1 loss to Arsenal at the
end of last
- the last time this happened was in December
2011 to January 2012
- the goal we did score against Stoke came (only just!) in the
- that put an end to our run of 8 games without a 1st half goal!
- we hadn't nabbed one since scoring 3 in the 4-2
win v Leicester last April!
- the win over the Potters was the 350th
victory in our Premier League history, home and away!
- and it was also our 40th home League win against Stoke
- and we've now played them 3 times in League season-opening games
- and won all 3
- the previous two were a 1-0
home win in 1983 and a 2-0
away victory in 1964
- the win means we are now unbeaten in our first League game of
the season since 2011
- the 2011 defeat was a 1-0
home loss to QPR, yu may remember
- after that, from 2012 to 2016, we had drawn all 4 of our Seasonal
- Wayne Rooney scored ! For Everton! You may have noticed!
- it was his first goal for us since he opened the scoring in
draw at Leeds in April 2004
- that's a gap of 13 years and 121 days (or 4,869 days if you
- needless to say, that's a club record!
- Wayne has now scored 16 times for us in the Premier League
- that's the same as Nikica Jelavic and the late Gary Speed managed
- all three are level in joint 26th place on our Premier
League Scoring chart
- we had a number of League debutants against Stoke, of course
- 5 players made their 1st League appearance for us
- they were Michael Keane, Davy Klaassen, Sandro Ramirez, Jordan
Pickford and Cuco Martina
- the first 4 all also made their 1st League start for
- we've now had 875 different players in our League history, 853
of them starters
- in the Premier League the numbers are 215 and 198 respectively
- and Jordan Pickford kept a clean sheet on his League debut for
- the last Everton keeper to do that was Thomas Myhre in a 0-0
draw at Leeds in December 1997!
- Jordan is the 12th Everton goalkeeper to keep a whole
clean sheet in the Premier League
- have a look here
to see the others (and what 'whole' means!)
- Phil Jagielka played his 351st game for us in all competitions
- he's now in 23rd place alone on our All-Time
Appearances chart, 1 ahead of David Unsworth
- in just League games, Jags is up to 291 appearances for us
- that puts him 25th on his own on our All-Time
League Appearances list
- Kevin Mirallas came on as a sub against Stoke
- that's the 56th time he's appeared off the bench for us in all
- he's now level with Steven Naismith in joint 7th place on our
Sub Appearances chart!
- and can we have Neil Swarbrick as the referee every week please?!
- we've now played 12 matches with him in the middle, home and
away - and we've never lost!
- that's a W7 D5 L0 record
- at Goodison he's reffed us 5 times now - and we've won all 5!
- the Stoke win took Ronald Koeman up to 2nd place on our Managers'
- in terms of match results, Ron has moved just ahead of Harry
Catterick on that chart!
- talking of bosses, Mark Hughes has now managed against us 11
times in the Prem at Goodison Park
- that's the same number as Sam Allardyce!
- the two of them are in joint 4th place on the 'Most
Prem Games Managed Against Us At Goodison' chart!
- and so on to Hajduk Split at home in the Europa League on August
- it will be our 40th home game on a Thursday in all competitions!
- and we've won each of our last 3 - all in Europe
- the most recent (obviously!) was the 1-0
win against MFK Ružomberok in July
- we've drawn on our last 2 outings on August 17th
- the last one was 2-2
at Norwich in the 2013/14 season opening League game
- our last August 17 home game was also a 2-2 draw and
also a season opener
- that was against
Tottenham in 2002 in what was Wayne Rooney's debut!
- Hajduk will be our first ever Croatian opponents, by the way!
- the match will be our 12th
home Europa League game - and so far we've never drawn one!
- our record in the previous 11 is W8 D0 L3 - F23 A8
- if he starts against Split it will be Leighton Baines's 357th
start for us in all competitions
- that would put him into joint 20th place on our All-Time
- Leighton would be level with Leon Osman and Kevin Sheedy!
- if Bainesy and Phil Jagielka both start they'll each move on
to 20 European starts for the club
- that would put them equal second on our European
Starts chart, level with Tony Hibbert!
- Tim Howard heads that list on 28 European starts for us
- and if Kevin Mirallas once agains makes a substitute appearance
it will be his 57th for us
- that will put him level with Stuart Barlow in 6th place on our
Sub Appearances chart!
- in his 3rd appearance for us, can Jordan Pickford keep his 3rd
clean sheet in a row?!
- only 2 other goalkeepers have kept clean sheets in each of their
first 3 Everton appearances
- they were Thomas Myhre in
1997 and James Caldwell in
- if Jordan does keep Split out, it will be the 4th clean sheet
in a row for the club
(Maarten Stekelenburg was in goal for our first match
of the season, remember?)
- that would be the first time the club have ever done that in
the first 4 games of a season!
- the last time we managed 4 shut-outs in a row mid-season was
- if he plays in the game, it will mean Phil Jagielka's Everton
career will have stretched to 10 years & 3 days!
- Phil made his debut for us as a sub in a 3-1 win at
Tottenham on 14th August 2007
- Phil would become the 42nd player to have a 10
year + Everton career in an unbroken spell at the club!
(and Leighton Baines will join him in his first Everton
game after 25th August this year!)
- will we score just 1 goal again?!
- if we do, it would be the 6th game in a row that it's happened!
- we've only had a run that long 3 times before in our history
- the last time it happened was our record run from January
to February 2006
- we scored 1 goal in each of 9 successive games that time!
- oh, and 1 goal would take us to 50 at home in all competitions
- if we win or lose against Hajduk, it will be our 16th home game
in a row in all competitions without a draw
- the last one was against Man Utd in December
- the last time we went that long without drawing at home was
way back in 1970
- that was a 16-game spell that had started at the end of the
season in April 1969
- and went on until January
- we've got a long way to go to break our record home run without
a draw, though
- that stands at an amazing 47 matches!
- it ran from September
1930 to October
- will we score from a penalty against Hajduk?
- if we do it will be our 300th
successful spot-kick in all of our home games ever!
- our current home record from 12 yards is: Scored 299, Missed
or Saved 126!
- and if Leighton Baines nets a penalty against them it will be
his 24th spot-kick success for us
- he'd then move out on his own at the top of our 'Most
Penalties Scored' chart
- he's currently level on 23 (from 26 taken) with David Unsworth
(also from 26) and Trevor Steven (from 29)
- and will a Hajduk player be red-carded?
- if so, then he will be the 100th
opponent to be dismissed against us in all of our home games
- a reminder of some new sections on the site!
- who's managed the most times against Everton?
- who's managed the most clubs against us?!
- well, there's a new 'Opposition
Managers' section that will tell you everything you need to
- the 'Goals
in Most Consecutive Matches' section has been updated!
- it now includes details of which Everton players have scored
in the most successive home & away games too!
- who was the last Everton man to play 50 or more games in a season?
- who has played the most games in one season?!
- the new '50
or More Appearances in a Season' section will tell you!
- on the flip side, which players only ever managed 1 game for
- find out in the new Just
One Appearance section!
- we used 27 different players last season in all competitions
and 19 of them scored a goal
- is that a lot?! how does it compare to other seasons?
- find out in the new 'Number
of Players Used and Goal Scorers - Season-by-Season' section!
- who was the last Everton player to feature in every game in
- have a look at the new Ever
Presents section to find out!
- and how often have we completed League 'doubles' over our opponents
in the past?
- alternatively, how often have we been on the receiving end of
- you can now find out in the new League
Doubles For and Against section
- ever wondered which Everton player has been substituted the
- well, now you can find out - have a look at the new Subbed
Off section for full, fascinating details!
- Ademola Lookman scored on his Everton debut last season
- who else has managed that feat for the club?!
- have a look at the new Scored
on Their Debut section to find out!
- with Wayne Rooney having returned to Everton action, who else
has had 2 separate spells at the club?!
- the new Two
or More Spells at Everton section will tell you!
- new boy Jordan Pickford looks like he'll be our keeper for some
years to come
- but who else has appeared for us between the sticks in the past?!
- the new Goalkeepers
section has all the details!
- and don't forget there's also a new History
In Short section too!
- you can see at a glance how many times we've finished in each
position in the League
- and where exactly we've been knocked out of the various cup
- have a peek!
Notable Forthcoming Anniversaries and Milestones
Muhamed Besic needs 1 more appearance to
reach 50 for us in all competitions - he's made 31 starts + 18
as a sub so far
Dates of Birth
Click below for information, erm, about
How Have Everton Performed
Birthday In The Past?
Or On Your Wife's? Or The Cat's?
Click On The Link And Pick A Date!
Appearances, Goals & Clean Sheets
Who Has Played The Most Times For
Who's Scored The Most Goals?
Is Big Dunc Our Most Used Sub Ever?
Click On The Link And Find Out!
When We're Good, We're Good.
When We're Bad, We're Terrible!
What's The Most Goals We've Ever Scored,
Or Conceded, In Any One Match?
Click On The Link To See The Extremes!
Did Over 70,000 People Really Used
And Watch Us At Home?
And What Were Our Smallest Crowds,
Home And Away?
Click On The Link To See The Figures!
Remember 1950-51? We Were
Remember 1984-85? We Were Good!!
Remember 1921-22? Er, No, Thought Not!
Click On The Link And Pick A Season!
Did We Really Once Lose To Glossop?
How Bad Have We Been Against Man Utd
In The Premier League?!
Click On The Link And Pick A Team!
What's Our Best Run Of Victories?
Or Our Worst Run Of Defeats?
What's The Longest We've Gone Without
Defeat? Or Without Winning?
Click On The Link To Reveal The Sequences!
A Whole Variety Of Information!
FA Cup 3rd Round, Opening Day, Christmas,
Easter, Europe, Cup Defeats, Big Matches,
Strange Competitions And More- It's All There!
Click On The Link And Pick A Topic!
About The Site
You are free to copy any of the contents of this website provided that
the use is not for commercial purposes
or for financial gain and that proper acknowledgement is given to Everton
Results. All rights reserved.