THE BLUE ROOM
THIS IS NOT
Welcome To Yet Another Everton Website!!!
The purpose of this site is to provide a comprehensive record of the results
of all competitive games played by Everton since their formation, together
with details of player appearances and goals.
There are lots of links on the left that break down the information into
different categories (as explained down below) so go ahead and click on
one and see what you get!
The title bar above currently features Kevin Ratcliffe and Warney Cresswell,
two former Everton legends - both captains, both cultured defenders, both
double title winners, both FA Cup winners.
Click on their photos to see brief details of their Everton careers and
appearances & goals.
The title bar images will change every so often so that you'll get to
see a whole host of Everton greats throughout the months and years ahead.
Images (and career summaries) of previous weeks' legends can be
seen by clicking the 'Previous Legends' link on the left, where you'll
also find a link to take you to details of the less-than-legendary donkeys
like Mike Walker who have 'starred' in the 'Apart From ...' feature!
AN AWAY LEAGUE WIN AND A CLEAN SHEET, AT LAST! ...
- ... - if we hadn't won at Newcastle
it would have been 0 victories in our opening 9 away League games
- the last time that happened was back in 1997/98!
- our last away League win had come way back in January - a
1-0 victory at Crystal Palace
- since then in League games our winless away run had stretched
to 16 before the trip to the North-East
- that’s our 2nd worst ever in the Premier League
- our worst was a run of 19 games from December 1996 to December
- our worst ever away run in the League was 35 games
- that was part of a 39 match run without a win in all comps from
October 1970 to April 1972!
- the 1-0 win at Newcastle also ended our 10 match run without
an away clean sheet in the League
- that was our worst since an 11-match away League run without
one from October
2010 to March 2011!
- we’ve now beaten Newcastle in
our last 4 meetings, home and away
- and our recent record against them continues to be very good
- W7 D0 L1 in the last 8 encounters, home and away, and W8 D1
L1 in the last 10
- away from home we’ve had 4 victories in our last 5 trips to
their place and 5 in the last 7
- and we very much like playing games on December 13th!
- our full historical record is W13 D3 L2, all of them League
- on dates on which we’ve played more than 3 times ...
- ..., only on January
8th (W13 D2 L2) and February
28th (W16 D3 L2) do we have a better record
- strangely the only 2 defeats we’ve had on Dec 13 came in seasons
where we ended up as League champs!
- they were 5-2
at Burnley in 1930 (when we won Div 2) and 1-0
at Luton in 1986 (when we won Div 1)
- the match was a Wednesday night game, of course
- and it ended a poor streak of results for us on that day of
- we’d won 0 of our previous 8 away Wednesday matches in the League
– W0 D4 L4 - before Newcastle
- and in all competitions our record in our last 11 away Wednesday
games had been W1 D4 L6!
- Jonjoe Shelvey received his marching orders late on at St James'
- there have now been 22 red
cards in all of our previous meetings with Newcastle
- only against Liverpool (27) have there been more in our meetings
with other clubs!
- and it was the 7th red card that ref Martin Atkinson has brandished
in Everton fixtures
- 3 to us and 4 to our opposition
- only 5 referees have sent
off more players in Everton games
- they were David Elleray (13), Mike Riley (12), Phil Dowd (10),
Rob Styles (10) and Andy D'Urso (8)
- Phil Jagielka made his 302nd Premier League appearance for us
in the game
- he’s now joined David Unsworth on that figure in joint 4th place
on our All-Time
- only Tim Howard (354), Leon Osman (352) and Leighton Baines
(325) have managed more!
- for Wayne Rooney it was his 82nd Prem appearance for us
- he's now level with Yakubu in joint 56th place on that chart
- and their respective records are very similar:
- Wayne: 54 starts + 28 as a sub and 24 goals
- the Yak: 56 starts + 26 as a sub and 25 goals
- and Wayne now has 10 goals for us so far this season in all
- that's his his best return as an Everton player, overtaking
he scored in 2003/04
- it was also Wayne's 100th
appearance for us in all competitions - congrats to him
- and to both Idrissa Gueye and Ashley Williams who each reached
50 Prem games for the club
- Jordan Pickford, meanwhile, has now played 24 times for us in
- that's the same as Maarten Stekelenburg!
- only 37
goalkeepers have made more appearances for the club!
- and Rafa Benitez became just the 21st
manager to take charge of 3 or more clubs against us in the
- he'd previously neen the boss of Liverpool and Chelsea in Prem
games against us
- oh, and a clarification from the Apollon Limassol match
- Anthony Gordon became the first ever player to play for us having
been born in the 21st Century
- his date of birth is 24 February 2001
- however, I said that Gordon was quickly followed by the 2nd
- Alex Denny - who was born on 12th April 2000!
- but that is incorrect
- many thanks to Peter Stephenson for pointing out something that
I never knew
- and that is that the 21st Century didn't actually begin until
1st January 2001
here for a full explanation of why!
- so we've had just the one 21st Century boy so far - Anthony
- and so on to Swansea at home on December
- we’ve never played Swansea before in a December 18th match
- and in fact we haven't played anyone at all on that date since
- that was a 0-0
draw at Blackburn
- it kept us in 2nd place and moved Rovers from 18th to 16th in
the Premier League!
- our last Dec 18 win came at Graham Taylor's Watford, 3-1
in 1999, with David Unsworth amongst our scorers
- our last December 18th home game was a
2-0 Goodison defeat against Newcastle in 1993
- whilst our last home win on that date came back in 1982 with
5-0 mauling of Luton
- that included a fluke John Bailey goal from inside his own half!
- we have a strange history of results against the
- our first meeting with them was in September 1930 in a Division
- from then until March 2014 we met them 20 times in all competitions
and didn't lose once - W15 D5 L0
- since then, however, we've met 7 times in all and won 0 - W0
- our last meeting was at their place last May and we
lost 1-0 to a Fernando Llorente goal
- our last Goodison encounter came in November last year and
- Gylfi Sigurdsson (who?!) netted a penalty for Swansea just before
- and Seamus Coleman equalised for us in the 89th minute
- if Phil Jagielka plays against the Swans it will be his 303rd
Premier League appearance for us
- that would put him into 4th place alone on our All-Time
list, 1 ahead of David Unsworth!
- only Tim Howard (354), Leon Osman (352) and Leighton Baines
(325) have managed more!
- meanwhile, if Idrissa Gueye starts against Swansea it will be
his 50th Premier League start for us
- if Kevin Mirallas makes a substitute appearance against Swansea
it will be his 48th for us in League games
- that would move him into 7th place alone on our All-Time
League Sub Apps chart
- he'd be 1 ahead of Stuart Barlow!
- can Wayne Rooney keep on scoring?!
- if he gets 1 against Swansea, he'll be up to 25 Premier League
goals in his Everton career
- which would see him into joint 13th place on our All-Time
Prem Scoring list
- he'd be alongside Marouane Fellaini, Tomasz Radzinski and Yakubu!
- 1 goal for Wayne will also take him up to 10 for us in the League
- which would be his best League return for us in a single season
- he registered 9 for the club in the Prem in 2003/04
- if we do score against Swansea it'll be 10 successive games
in which we’ve scored in all competitions
- and we haven’t done that since a 15 match run from October
2015 to January 2016
- and if we score twice against the Swans it will bring up 7,300
for us in our League history!
- if we avoid defeat against Swansea it will take our unbeaten
League run to 5 games, home and away.
- we haven’t managed a spell that good since a 9-match run ending
- Jonathan Moss will be refereeing the match which is not good
news for us!
- our record in his last 8 Everton appointments, all in the Premier
League, is W0 D2 L6
- and in his last 12 it is W1 D2 L9!
- at Goodison, in all competitions, we won all of the first 5
games that Mr Moss refereed
- that was beginning in January 2010
- since then, our record at Goodison with him in the middle is
W0 D1 L6!
- will he award a penalty?
- if Swansea score one against us on Monday it will be the 500th
scored by all of our opponents
- that's in all of our competitive games ever at all venues!
- the game is, of course, a Monday night match with an 8.00pm
- in our last 16 games with that day/time combination, home and
away, we’ve only lost once – W6 D9 L1
- but that was last December’s 1-0 Goodison derby defeat!
- at Goodison our last 14 Monday 8.00pm games have also seen us
lose just that one game – W7 D6 L1
- a reminder of some new sections on the site!
- Test cricketers have a small number on their shirt or cap
- it shows where they fit in in terms of the historical chronology
of their country
- now you can see what number every Everton player would wear!
- have a look at the 'Everton
Players Numbered Chronologically' section!
- who's managed the most times against Everton?
- who's managed the most clubs against us?!
- well, there's a new 'Opposition
Managers' section that will tell you everything you need to
- the 'Goals
in Most Consecutive Matches' section has been updated!
- it now includes details of which Everton players have scored
in the most successive home & away games too!
- who was the last Everton man to play 50 or more games in a season?
- who has played the most games in one season?!
- the new '50
or More Appearances in a Season' section will tell you!
- on the flip side, which players only ever managed 1 game for
- find out in the new Just
One Appearance section!
- we used 27 different players last season in all competitions
and 19 of them scored a goal
- is that a lot?! how does it compare to other seasons?
- find out in the new 'Number
of Players Used and Goal Scorers - Season-by-Season' section!
- who was the last Everton player to feature in every game in
- have a look at the new Ever
Presents section to find out!
- and how often have we completed League 'doubles' over our opponents
in the past?
- alternatively, how often have we been on the receiving end of
- you can now find out in the new League
Doubles For and Against section
- ever wondered which Everton player has been substituted the
- well, now you can find out - have a look at the new Subbed
Off section for full, fascinating details!
- Ademola Lookman scored on his Everton debut last season
- who else has managed that feat for the club?!
- have a look at the new Scored
on Their Debut section to find out!
- with Wayne Rooney having returned to Everton action, who else
has had 2 separate spells at the club?!
- the new Two
or More Spells at Everton section will tell you!
- new boy Jordan Pickford looks like he'll be our keeper for some
years to come
- but who else has appeared for us between the sticks in the past?!
- the new Goalkeepers
section has all the details!
- and don't forget there's also a new History
In Short section too!
- you can see at a glance how many times we've finished in each
position in the League
- and where exactly we've been knocked out of the various cup
- have a peek!
Notable Forthcoming Anniversaries and Milestones
Idrissa Gueye needs 1 more start to reach 50 for
us in the Premier League - so far he's made 49
Ashley Williams needs 2 more Premier League starts to
reach 50 for us - he's currently on 48
Click below for information, erm, about
How Have Everton Performed
Birthday In The Past?
Or On Your Wife's? Or The Cat's?
Click On The Link And Pick A Date!
Appearances, Goals & Clean Sheets
Who Has Played The Most Times For
Who's Scored The Most Goals?
Is Big Dunc Our Most Used Sub Ever?
Click On The Link And Find Out!
When We're Good, We're Good.
When We're Bad, We're Terrible!
What's The Most Goals We've Ever Scored,
Or Conceded, In Any One Match?
Click On The Link To See The Extremes!
Did Over 70,000 People Really Used
And Watch Us At Home?
And What Were Our Smallest Crowds,
Home And Away?
Click On The Link To See The Figures!
Remember 1950-51? We Were
Remember 1984-85? We Were Good!!
Remember 1921-22? Er, No, Thought Not!
Click On The Link And Pick A Season!
Did We Really Once Lose To Glossop?
How Bad Have We Been Against Man Utd
In The Premier League?!
Click On The Link And Pick A Team!
What's Our Best Run Of Victories?
Or Our Worst Run Of Defeats?
What's The Longest We've Gone Without
Defeat? Or Without Winning?
Click On The Link To Reveal The Sequences!
A Whole Variety Of Information!
FA Cup 3rd Round, Opening Day, Christmas,
Easter, Europe, Cup Defeats, Big Matches,
Strange Competitions And More- It's All There!
Click On The Link And Pick A Topic!
About The Site
You are free to copy any of the contents of this website provided that
the use is not for commercial purposes
or for financial gain and that proper acknowledgement is given to Everton
Results. All rights reserved.