THE BLUE ROOM
THIS IS NOT
Welcome To Yet Another Everton Website!!!
The purpose of this site is to provide a comprehensive record of the results
of all competitive games played by Everton since their formation, together
with details of player appearances and goals.
There are lots of links on the left that break down the information into
different categories (as explained down below) so go ahead and click on
one and see what you get!
The title bar above currently features Andrei Kanchelskis and Ray
two former Everton
legends - one
a flying goalscoring winger, one a World Cup winning full-back.
Click on their photos to see brief details of their Everton careers and
appearances & goals.
The title bar images will change every so often so that you'll get to
see a whole host of Everton greats throughout the months and years ahead.
Images (and career summaries) of previous weeks' legends can be
seen by clicking the 'Previous Legends' link on the left, where you'll
also find a link to take you to details of the less-than-legendary donkeys
like Mike Walker who have 'starred' in the 'Apart From ...' feature!
TROUBLED PALACE ARE NEXT UP BEFORE THE MID-WINTER BREAK ...
don’t have a great recent record in previous matches played on
- we actually won our first 4 games played on this
date between 1890 and 1912
- but since then we’ve won just 1 of 9
W1 D2 L6
- that one ‘recent’ victory was back in 1964
a 3-1 win
over our arch-rivals Liverpool
- courtesy of two goals from Roy
Vernon and one from Jimmy Gabriel!
- since then, our Feb
8 record is W0 D1 L3!
- the last one was a 4-1 FA Cup 4th Round
at Chelsea in 2006
- Mikel Arteta scored our
only goal from the penalty spot
- our last February 8th game at Goodison was
a 0-0 Premier League draw with Queen’s Park Rangers in 1992
- we do tend to draw a lot of games with
- 6 of
our last 9 meetings home and away (all in the Prem) have ended in
- that includes our most recent encounter -
a 0-0 draw at
Selhurst Park in August on the opening day of the season
Schneiderlin was sent off in the 76th minute of that meeting but
we held on for a point!
- we’re unbeaten in 10 meetings
with Palace, home and away - W4 D6 L0, all in the Premier League
- their last victory against us was at Goodison back
in September 2014
- that was the second of two successive 3-2 victories for them at our
- since then we’ve drawn 2 and lost 2 at Goodison
with the two wins coming in their two most recent trips
season we triumphed
2-0 in October 2018
- with substitutes Dominic
Calvert-Lewin and Cenk Tosun giving us a late, late victory
the goals came in the 87th and 89th minutes respectively
- and that after
Luka Milivojevic had seen his penalty on the hour saved by Jordan
- this will be our
40th League meeting with
Palace, home and away
- and one goal would bring up 40 for us at
Goodison against them in the League!
- it would also take us to 50
against them in all encounters at our place!
- if Seamus
Coleman plays against Palace it will be his 309th appearance for
us in all competition
- that would be the same as former skipper
- they’d both be in joint 31st position on
our all-time list!
- meanwhile, if Gylfi Sigurdsson
plays he will reach 100 appearances for us in all competitions
- so far,
he's made 90 starts + 9 as a sub
- and if Bernard plays it
will be his 50th appearance for us in the Premier League
- he’d be
the 98th Everton player to reach that milestone!
Holgate and Theo Walcott, on the other hand, if they start the
game, will each reach 50 Prem starts for us!
- in Mason’s
case, only 3 other Everton players have started 50 or more Premier
League games for us
- Richard Dunne (53), Earl
Barrett (73) and Tony Hibbert (a remarkable 242!)
- can Mason break
his Prem duck against the Eagles?!
- if Jordan Pickford
plays against Palace it will be his 102nd consecutive Premier
League appearance for us
- that's the same amount that Joleon Lescott
achieved between August 2006 and February 2009
- only Tim Howard
a longer unbroken run for us in the Prem
210 successive games between September 2007 and February 2013
indeed, between August 2006 and February 2013, Tim missed just 4
of Everton's 255 Premier League matches!
- will Jordan keep
a clean sheet?
- if he does it will be
his 31st for us in the
- that's the same as Nigel Martyn achieved for the club!
- only Tim Howard (116) and Neville Southall (62) have managed more
- will we score against the Eagles?
- if we do, it will be the 8th
League game in a row, home and away, in which we’ve found the back
of the net
- that would be our best since a run of 10 Prem games
between April and September 2018!
- the game is, of course,
being televised live by BT Sport
- and this will be the 150th
Everton home Premier League game to be shown
live in the UK!
first one was
our 2-1 home win against Liverpool in December 1992
- and our full record in the first 149 live Prem matches at
Goodison is W62 D41 L46
- 6 different channels have broadcast live
Prem games from Goodison
- Amazon Prime, BT Sport, ESPN, Setanta,
Sky Pay-Per-View and Sky Sports!
- William Barclay was the
first ‘manager’ of Everton,
- that was back in the days when managers were,
in reality, Club Secretaries
- they didn’t have all of the
responsibilities that managers have today
- Barclay oversaw our
initial 22 Football League games between 1888 and 1889
- and his
5 of the first 8 matches of his reign
– a feat no other
subsequent Everton manager has managed
- however, Carlo
Ancelotti could match that achievement!
- if we beat Palace, his record
for us in the Prem will stand at W5 D2 L1
- we’ve had 3
matches kicking-off at 12.30pm so far this season
- all at
Goodison Park, all against London teams and we lost none of them!
- we beat
West Ham 2-0 and
Chelsea 3-1 and, most recently,
- that was Duncan Ferguson’s final match as our caretaker
- can we make it 4 unbeaten against Palace?!
- here's a
reminder of the most recent additions to the site:
was our oldest ever starting line-up? And the youngest?
seasons were our oldest and youngest? Which managers went with
youth and who went wth old codgers?!
it's all here in the new 'Average
Staring Line-Up Ages section'!
- which Everton
player made the most substitute appearances in a single season?!
in all competitions and in the League alone?
- the new 'Most
Sub Apps In One Season' section has the answers!
- which Everton substitute has scored the most goals for us?
- which opposition sub has scored the most against us?
- the new 'Goals
by Substitutes' section will let you know!
- Test cricketers have a small number on their shirt or cap
- it shows where they fit in in terms of the historical chronology
of their country
- now you can see what number every Everton player would wear!
- have a look at the 'Everton
Players Numbered Chronologically' section!
- who's managed the most times against Everton?
- who's managed the most clubs against us?!
- well, there's a new 'Opposition
Managers' section that will tell you everything you need to
- the 'Goals
in Most Consecutive Matches' section has been updated!
- it now includes details of which Everton players have scored
in the most successive home & away games too!
- who was the last Everton man to play 50 or more games in a season?
- who has played the most games in one season?!
- the new '50
or More Appearances in a Season' section will tell you!
- on the flip side, which players only ever managed 1 game for
- find out in the new Just
One Appearance section!
- we used 39 different players last season in all competitions
and 15 of them scored a goal
- is that a lot?! how does it compare to other seasons?
- find out in the new 'Number
of Players Used and Goal Scorers - Season-by-Season' section!
- who was the last Everton player to feature in every game in
- have a look at the new Ever
Presents section to find out!
- and how often have we completed League 'doubles' over our opponents
in the past?
- alternatively, how often have we been on the receiving end of
- you can now find out in the new League
Doubles For and Against section
- ever wondered which Everton player has been substituted the
- well, now you can find out - have a look at the new Subbed
Off section for full, fascinating details!
- Ademola Lookman was the last Everton player to score on his
- who else has managed that feat for the club?!
- have a look at the new Scored
on Their Debut section to find out!
- Wayne Rooney has now departed, of course, but who else has had
2 separate spells at the club?!
- the new Two
or More Spells at Everton section will tell you!
- Jordan Pickford looks like he'll be our keeper for some years
- but who else has appeared for us between the sticks in the past?!
- the new Goalkeepers
section has all the details!
- and don't forget there's also a new History
In Short section too!
- you can see at a glance how many times we've finished in each
position in the League
- and where exactly we've been knocked out of the various cup
- have a peek!
Notable Forthcoming Anniversaries and Milestones
needs 1 more start to reach 50 for us in the Premier League -
so far he's made 49
Dates of Birth
Click below for information, erm, about
How Have Everton Performed
Birthday In The Past?
Or On Your Wife's? Or The Cat's?
Click On The Link And Pick A Date!
Appearances, Goals & Clean Sheets
Who Has Played The Most Times For
Who's Scored The Most Goals?
Is Big Dunc Our Most Used Sub Ever?
Click On The Link And Find Out!
When We're Good, We're Good.
When We're Bad, We're Terrible!
What's The Most Goals We've Ever Scored,
Or Conceded, In Any One Match?
Click On The Link To See The Extremes!
Did Over 70,000 People Really Used
And Watch Us At Home?
And What Were Our Smallest Crowds,
Home And Away?
Click On The Link To See The Figures!
Remember 1950-51? We Were
Remember 1984-85? We Were Good!!
Remember 1921-22? Er, No, Thought Not!
Click On The Link And Pick A Season!
Did We Really Once Lose To Glossop?
How Bad Have We Been Against Man Utd
In The Premier League?!
Click On The Link And Pick A Team!
What's Our Best Run Of Victories?
Or Our Worst Run Of Defeats?
What's The Longest We've Gone Without
Defeat? Or Without Winning?
Click On The Link To Reveal The Sequences!
A Whole Variety Of Information!
FA Cup 3rd Round, Opening Day, Christmas,
Easter, Europe, Cup Defeats, Big Matches,
Strange Competitions And More- It's All There!
Click On The Link And Pick A Topic!
About The Site
You are free to copy any of the contents of this website provided that
the use is not for commercial purposes
or for financial gain and that proper acknowledgement is given to Everton
Results. All rights reserved.