THE BLUE ROOM
THIS IS NOT
Welcome To Yet Another Everton Website!!!
The purpose of this site is to provide a comprehensive record of the results
of all competitive games played by Everton since their formation, together
with details of player appearances and goals.
There are lots of links on the left that break down the information into
different categories (as explained down below) so go ahead and click on
one and see what you get!
The title bar above currently features Andrei Kanchelskis and Ray
two former Everton
legends - one
a flying goalscoring winger, one a World Cup winning full-back.
Click on their photos to see brief details of their Everton careers and
appearances & goals.
The title bar images will change every so often so that you'll get to
see a whole host of Everton greats throughout the months and years ahead.
Images (and career summaries) of previous weeks' legends can be
seen by clicking the 'Previous Legends' link on the left, where you'll
also find a link to take you to details of the less-than-legendary donkeys
like Mike Walker who have 'starred' in the 'Apart From ...' feature!
MOYESY's 7th VISIT TO GOODISON AS AN OPPOSITION MANAGER
Previous Games on
- we’ve played West Ham once
before in an
October 17th fixture
- that was back in 1959 at Goodison
we lost 1-0
- our last 6 outings on this date
have all been at home – and we won only won of them!
was, however, against Liverpool in 2010, with Tim Cahill and Mikel
Arteta netting in
our 2-0 victory!
- our most recent Oct 17
game was also against Liverpool, last season
- that was
the 2-2 draw with Dominic Calvert-Lewin scoring our 81st minute equaliser
- it was a dramatic game that saw Virgil Van Dijk stretchered
off after 11 minutes
- and Richarlison sent-off on 90 minutes!
- we’ve also had some other notable matches on October 17th
- in 1925, Dixie Dean’s first hat-trick for Everton came in
a 3-1 Division 1 win at Burnley
- he also became our
youngest ever hat-trick scorer at 18 years and 268 days
- he went on to
notch an amazing
37 hat-tricks in his Everton career!
years ago in 1931 we beat Sheff Wed
9-3 at Goodison
- it was one of only 5 times we’ve scored
9 goals in a game
- Dixie Dean scored 5 - one of only 6 occasions when an
Everton player has scored 5 or more goals in a match!
- in 1981, Neville Southall made his debut in
a 2-1 home League win over Ipswich
- he goes on to make 751
appearances for us in total -
the most by any player!
in 1998, the
0-0 home draw with Liverpool was our 5th
successive home League match without scoring
our worst such run ever!
Previous Meetings With West Ham
- we beat West Ham the last time we met
- that was
a 1-0 victory for us at the London Stadium in May this year
Dominic Calvert-Lewin scored our first-half winner
last time out at Goodison the roles were reversed
- with Tomas
Soucek’s 86th minute goal giving the Hammers
a win on New Year’s
- overall, we have a very good Premier League record
against West Ham
- only against Portsmouth and Watford do we
have a better
(that's including teams we’ve met
10 times or more in that competition, home and away)
full Prem record is W27 D13 L10 – F87 A46
- we’ve had a few
notable meetings with West Ham at Goodison in the past
in January 1994, the
1-0 home defeat by West Ham was our 6th
successive match in all competitions without a goal
- it was the most
recent of 3 occasions when
this unwanted record has occurred
- in April 1964, Dennis Stevens played in our final League game
of the season
- it was
a 2-0 home Division 1 win against West Ham
was Stevens' 50th appearance of the campaign for us in all
- he was the first
Everton player to play
that many times in a single season
in May 1985,
also in the last game of the season, we had
a 3-0 home win over West Ham
- it was our 28th consecutive
match in all competitions, home and away, without defeat –
an Everton record!
Appearances (and goals and clean sheets!)
- if Seamus Coleman plays against the Hammers it will be
his 304th League appearances for us
- the same as David
- they’d be in joint 23rd position on
our all-time League list
- if he starts the game it will be
Seamus’s 314th start for us in all competitions
- the same as
David Unsworth and 1900’s star forward Alex ‘Sandy’ Young managed
- they’ll all be in joint 27th place on
- just on
our all-time Prem start chart, Seamus and Unsy will be in joint 5th
Michael Keane starts it will be his 150th start for us in all
- and if Alex Iwobi starts, it will be his 50th
start for us in all comps
- will Dominic
Calvert-Lewin return against West Ham?
- if he does and he
scores, it will be his 44th League goal for the club
same as achieved by Leon Osman and Jimmy Husband
- they’d be in
joint 45th position on
League scoring chart
- a goal would
also take DCL level with Ossie in joint 5th place on our
Premier League scoring chart
- behind just Kevin Campbell (45),
Tim Cahill (56), Duncan Ferguson (60) and Romelu Lukaku (68)
- will Jordan Pickford keep a clean sheet?
- if he does it will be his 50th for us in all competitions
he’d be the
7th Everton 'keeper to reach that milestone
Tommy Fern (67), Billy Scott (94), Ted Sagar (120),
(133), Gordon West (155) and Neville Southall (269)
- 2 goals against the Hammers would
50 for us against them at Goodison in the Premier League
- a win against West Ham would be our 5th home victory in
- our best run since 6-in-a-row between March and
- the last time we won 5 consecutive home
games in a single season was back in
- that was a run on 7 wins on the bounce from January to April
- a victory would also be our 4th home League win
in succession from the start of the season
- that's something
we haven’t managed since
- a win would also take us to 17
points in our first 8 League games of the season
- we’ve never managed
that many before in the Premier League, with our best being 16
- the last time we accumulated 17 or
more points in the opening 8 League games was back in 1978/79
we managed 18 then (it was 2 points for a win back then, so the
total has been adjusted as if it were 3)
- a defeat, on the
other hand, would be the
500th at home in our entire League
- the game is of course a Sunday match
- our last 3 Sunday home League games have all
ended in defeat
- the most recent was
a 1-0 loss to Sheff Utd last May
- indeed, we’ve won 0 of our last 6 home Sunday League games -
W0 D3 L3
- the last success was against Wolves,
3-2 in September 2019
- we don’t much like 2.00pm kick-offs
- the last 6 home and away (all on a Sunday, by the
way) have given us this record: W0 D2 L4!
- and after a run
of 9 successive home games without defeat against London teams up
to December 2020
- we’ve now won 0 of the last 4 at Goodison -
W0 D2 L2!
- this will be the 283rd game we’ve played in all
competitions on a Sunday and a win would be our 100th!
what are the odds on a 2-0 win for us?
- if it happens it will
be the 200th at home in our League history!
- here's a
reminder of the most recent additions to the site:
has captained Everton the most number of times?
- who captained
the team in each of our seasons?
- who have been our club
captains each season?
- find all the answers in the new
was Everton's number 23 in 2005/06?
- how many outfield players
have worn the number 13 shirt for us?!
- what's the highest
number ever sported by an Everton player?
- all your squad number
questions can now be answered wth the help of the new 'Squad
11 Everton players started the most games together?
- which two players started the most
times together for us?
- what about the Holy Trinity? Or The
1995 FA Cup winning team? Or Dean and Lawton? How many times
- have a look at the new
Starting Line-Ups section' - it's got it all!
was our oldest ever starting line-up? And the youngest?
seasons were our oldest and youngest? Which managers went with
youth and who went wth old codgers?!
it's all here in the new 'Average
Starting Line-Up Ages section'!
- which Everton
player made the most substitute appearances in a single season?!
in all competitions and in the League alone?
- the new 'Most
Sub Apps In One Season' section has the answers!
- which Everton substitute has scored the most goals for us?
- which opposition sub has scored the most against us?
- the new 'Goals
by Substitutes' section will let you know!
- Test cricketers have a small number on their shirt or cap
- it shows where they fit in in terms of the historical chronology
of their country
- now you can see what number every Everton player would wear!
- have a look at the 'Everton
Players Numbered Chronologically' section!
- who's managed the most times against Everton?
- who's managed the most clubs against us?!
- well, there's a new 'Opposition
Managers' section that will tell you everything you need to
- the 'Goals
in Most Consecutive Matches' section has been updated!
- it now includes details of which Everton players have scored
in the most successive home & away games too!
- who was the last Everton man to play 50 or more games in a season?
- who has played the most games in one season?!
- the new '50
or More Appearances in a Season' section will tell you!
- on the flip side, which players only ever managed 1 game for
- find out in the new Just
One Appearance section!
- we used 39 different players
in 2017/18 in all competitions
and 15 of them scored a goal
- is that a lot?! how does it compare to other seasons?
- find out in the new 'Number
of Players Used and Goal Scorers - Season-by-Season' section!
- who was the last Everton player to feature in every game in
- have a look at the new Ever
Presents section to find out!
- and how often have we completed League 'doubles' over our opponents
in the past?
- alternatively, how often have we been on the receiving end of
- you can now find out in the new League
Doubles For and Against section
- ever wondered which Everton player has been substituted the
- well, now you can find out - have a look at the new Subbed
Off section for full, fascinating details!
Richarlison was the last Everton player to score on his
- who else has managed that feat for the club?!
- have a look at the new Scored
on Their Debut section to find out!
- Wayne Rooney has
long departed, of course, but who else has had
2 separate spells at the club?!
- the new Two
or More Spells at Everton section will tell you!
- Jordan Pickford looks like he'll be our keeper for some years
- but who else has appeared for us between the sticks in the past?!
- the new Goalkeepers
section has all the details!
- and don't forget there's also a new History
In Short section too!
- you can see at a glance how many times we've finished in each
position in the League
- and where exactly we've been knocked out of the various cup
- have a peek!
Notable Forthcoming Anniversaries and Milestones
Michael Keane needs 1 more start to reach
150 for us in all comps - he's currently on 149
Alex Iwobi needs 1 more
start to reach 50 for us in all competitions - so far he's made
Dates of Birth
Click below for information, erm, about
How Have Everton Performed
Birthday In The Past?
Or On Your Wife's? Or The Cat's?
Click On The Link And Pick A Date!
Appearances, Goals & Clean Sheets
Who Has Played The Most Times For
Who's Scored The Most Goals?
Is Big Dunc Our Most Used Sub Ever?
Click On The Link And Find Out!
When We're Good, We're Good.
When We're Bad, We're Terrible!
What's The Most Goals We've Ever Scored,
Or Conceded, In Any One Match?
Click On The Link To See The Extremes!
Did Over 70,000 People Really Used
And Watch Us At Home?
And What Were Our Smallest Crowds,
Home And Away?
Click On The Link To See The Figures!
Remember 1950-51? We Were
Remember 1984-85? We Were Good!!
Remember 1921-22? Er, No, Thought Not!
Click On The Link And Pick A Season!
Did We Really Once Lose To Glossop?
How Bad Have We Been Against Man Utd
In The Premier League?!
Click On The Link And Pick A Team!
What's Our Best Run Of Victories?
Or Our Worst Run Of Defeats?
What's The Longest We've Gone Without
Defeat? Or Without Winning?
Click On The Link To Reveal The Sequences!
A Whole Variety Of Information!
FA Cup 3rd Round, Opening Day, Christmas,
Easter, Europe, Cup Defeats, Big Matches,
Strange Competitions And More- It's All There!
Click On The Link And Pick A Topic!
About The Site
You are free to copy any of the contents of this website provided that
the use is not for commercial purposes
or for financial gain and that proper acknowledgement is given to Everton
Results. All rights reserved.